    modest CEO of Slingshot can take over hosting TVNZ's Close Up program 5
    nights a week.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 19, 2006

  2. E. Scrooge

    Chris Hope Guest

    *sling wrote:

    > Wonder if it has anything to do withe very modest and humble <cough
    > cough> CEO of Slingshot after the top job at Telecom?
    >
    > Considering that Slingshort doesn't provide full internet services
    > without using ihug's news server Presley's dream of being the CEO of
    > Telecom is a bit of a joke.
    >
    > Hardly very qualified compared to the CEOs of Vodefone and Telstra,
    > not even in the same league.
    >
    > A better idea would be to make Susan Wood the CEO of Telecom and the
    > very modest CEO of Slingshot can take over hosting TVNZ's Close Up
    > program 5 nights a week.

    Slingshot website working fine here.

    Chris Hope, May 19, 2006

  3. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > *sling wrote:
    >
    >> Wonder if it has anything to do withe very modest and humble <cough
    >> cough> CEO of Slingshot after the top job at Telecom?
    >>
    >> Considering that Slingshort doesn't provide full internet services
    >> without using ihug's news server Presley's dream of being the CEO of
    >> Telecom is a bit of a joke.
    >>
    >> Hardly very qualified compared to the CEOs of Vodefone and Telstra,
    >> not even in the same league.
    >>
    >> A better idea would be to make Susan Wood the CEO of Telecom and the
    >> very modest CEO of Slingshot can take over hosting TVNZ's Close Up
    >> program 5 nights a week.

    > Slingshot website working fine here.
    >
    > --
    > Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

    Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
    the other day.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 19, 2006
  4. E. Scrooge

    Enkidu Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>*sling wrote:
    >>

    >>>Wonder if it has anything to do withe very modest and humble <cough
    >>>cough> CEO of Slingshot after the top job at Telecom?
    >>>
    >>>Considering that Slingshort doesn't provide full internet services
    >>>without using ihug's news server Presley's dream of being the CEO of
    >>>Telecom is a bit of a joke.
    >>>
    >>>Hardly very qualified compared to the CEOs of Vodefone and Telstra,
    >>>not even in the same league.
    >>>
    >>>A better idea would be to make Susan Wood the CEO of Telecom and the
    >>>very modest CEO of Slingshot can take over hosting TVNZ's Close Up
    >>>program 5 nights a week.

    >>Slingshot website working fine here.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

    > Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
    > the other day.

    Simple explanation - you've been blacklisted.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, May 19, 2006
  5. E. Scrooge

    Chris Hope Guest

    *sling wrote:

    > "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    >> *sling wrote:
    >>
    >>> Wonder if it has anything to do withe very modest and humble <cough
    >>> cough> CEO of Slingshot after the top job at Telecom?
    >>>
    >>> Considering that Slingshort doesn't provide full internet services
    >>> without using ihug's news server Presley's dream of being the CEO of
    >>> Telecom is a bit of a joke.
    >>>
    >>> Hardly very qualified compared to the CEOs of Vodefone and Telstra,
    >>> not even in the same league.
    >>>
    >>> A better idea would be to make Susan Wood the CEO of Telecom and the
    >>> very modest CEO of Slingshot can take over hosting TVNZ's Close Up
    >>> program 5 nights a week.

    >> Slingshot website working fine here.

    > Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked
    > fine the other day.

    Still working fine here.

    Chris Hope, May 19, 2006
  6. E. Scrooge

    Kris Kirk Guest

    E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
    > Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
    > the other day.

    I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

    Kris Kirk, May 19, 2006
  7. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Kris Kirk" <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
    >> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
    >> the other day.

    > I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

    Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
    Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through one
    of the other pages instead of the homepage.

    It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
    page.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 19, 2006
  8. E. Scrooge

    TKKGHCMT Guest

    > Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
    > Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through one
    > of the other pages instead of the homepage.
    >
    > It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
    > page.

    See if you can access it using a proxy server.

    TKKGHCMT, May 19, 2006
  9. E. Scrooge

    David Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 21:02:52 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:

    > "Kris Kirk" <> wrote in message
    >> E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
    >>> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
    >>> the other day.

    >> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

    > Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
    > Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through one
    > of the other pages instead of the homepage.
    >
    > It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
    > page.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Can access
    http://www.slingshot.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 from
    Paradise at 10:28pm

    David

    David, May 19, 2006
  10. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 19 May 2006 21:02:52 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:
    >
    >> "Kris Kirk" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

    >> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
    >> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through
    >> one
    >> of the other pages instead of the homepage.
    >>
    >> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
    >> page.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge

    > Can access
    > http://www.slingshot.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 from
    > Paradise at 10:28pm
    >
    > David

    Thanks, but I can't get that to load either.
    I've only just truned the PC back on. The TIF folder was cleaned out for a
    fresh start at it, still got the same message cannot display page.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 19, 2006
  11. E. Scrooge

    Chris Hope Guest

    *sling wrote:

    > "Kris Kirk" <> wrote in message
    >> E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
    >>> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked
    >>> fine the other day.

    >> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

    > Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
    > Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through
    > one of the other pages instead of the homepage.
    >
    > It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the
    > main page.

    I'm getting it by going straight to www.slingshot.co.nz no probs. And I
    can browse it as well. How about trying direct via the IP address:
    http://202.180.64.20/

    Chris Hope, May 19, 2006
  12. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > *sling wrote:
    >

    >> "Kris Kirk" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

    >> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
    >> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through
    >> one of the other pages instead of the homepage.
    >>
    >> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the
    >> main page.

    > I'm getting it by going straight to www.slingshot.co.nz no probs. And I
    > can browse it as well. How about trying direct via the IP address:
    > http://202.180.64.20/
    >
    > --
    > Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

    Still no luck.
    I can get the Callplus website, but the links to Slingshot which are only to
    the main page are no good.

    I've tried the join page and help page with no luck on either as well.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 19, 2006
  13. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > *sling wrote:
    >

    >> "Kris Kirk" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

    >> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
    >> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through
    >> one of the other pages instead of the homepage.
    >>
    >> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the
    >> main page.

    > I'm getting it by going straight to www.slingshot.co.nz no probs. And I
    > can browse it as well. How about trying direct via the IP address:
    > http://202.180.64.20/
    >
    > --
    > Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

    Perhaps it's Telecom blocking Slingshot users from the Slingshot website
    :).

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 19, 2006
  14. E. Scrooge

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 21:02:52 +1200, in message <1148029192.902945@ftpsrv1>,
    "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:

    > "Kris Kirk" <> wrote in message
    > > E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
    > >> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
    > >> the other day.

    > > I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

    > Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
    > Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through one
    > of the other pages instead of the homepage.
    >
    > It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
    > page.

    No probs here opening www.slingshot.co.nz

    And I cleared my cache before, to prove that it
    is not a cached copy which I am seeing.

    Ralph Fox, May 19, 2006
  15. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Ralph Fox" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 19 May 2006 21:02:52 +1200, in message
    > <1148029192.902945@ftpsrv1>,
    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:
    >

    >> "Kris Kirk" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

    >> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
    >> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through
    >> one
    >> of the other pages instead of the homepage.
    >>
    >> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
    >> page.

    > No probs here opening www.slingshot.co.nz
    >
    > And I cleared my cache before, to prove that it
    > is not a cached copy which I am seeing.

    Thanks, Ralph. Still no go here.
    Be good to know if only Slingshot customers are affected.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 19, 2006
  16. E. Scrooge

    k Guest

    > Thanks, Ralph. Still no go here.
    > Be good to know if only Slingshot customers are affected.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Judging by everyones responses so far, it does indeed look like only
    slingshot customers are affected.

    From slingshot's network status:

    Saturday, 20 May 2006, 01:30
    Last updated: Tuesday, 16 May 2006, 09:09
    Service Status
    No known issues Dial-up Services No known issues
    No known issues Broadband Services No known issues
    No known issues Mail Servers No known issues
    No known issues Toll Calls No known issues
    No known issues Visibill No known issues
    No known issues iTalk No known issues

    If you really *need* to access the site *right now* then use
    http://www.hidemyass.com/ - slingshot's website works fine via that :)

    There's a larger list of similar proxy sites on
    http://www.freeproxy.ru/en/free_proxy/cgi-proxy.htm

    k, May 19, 2006
  17. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Re: Slingshot users can now use the Slingshot website

    "k" <> wrote in message news:446dcc1f$...

    >> Thanks, Ralph. Still no go here.
    >> Be good to know if only Slingshot customers are affected.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge

    > Judging by everyones responses so far, it does indeed look like only
    > slingshot customers are affected.
    >
    > From slingshot's network status:
    >

    > Saturday, 20 May 2006, 01:30
    > Last updated: Tuesday, 16 May 2006, 09:09
    > Service Status
    > No known issues Dial-up Services No known issues
    > No known issues Broadband Services No known issues
    > No known issues Mail Servers No known issues
    > No known issues Toll Calls No known issues
    > No known issues Visibill No known issues
    > No known issues iTalk No known issues
    >

    > If you really *need* to access the site *right now* then use
    > http://www.hidemyass.com/ - slingshot's website works fine via that :)
    >
    > There's a larger list of similar proxy sites on
    > http://www.freeproxy.ru/en/free_proxy/cgi-proxy.htm

    Thanks for that, K.

    The website is now back without altering a thing, it wasn't half an hour ago
    though.
    I then cheared the TIF folder and got straight back to Slingshot just in
    case the first time was a lucky shot.

    A friend on Paradise had something similar happen when she couldn't access
    Paradise for a while.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 19, 2006