    offers a range of speed options with pricing plans starting from just $39.95
    per month. All plans come with email Anti-virus protection, email Spam
    Filtering, free helpdesk support, a 1Gb mailbox and much more.

    maz, Apr 13, 2005

  2. In article <1113370216.296684@ftpsrv1>, "maz" <mazz****@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
    >Anyone else who uses slingshot, receiving multiple emails from Slingshot,
    >offerring a free ADSL modem?
    >
    >I have received at least 3 emails with the same info in it, in last couple
    >of days, to the smae email address. I pressume it is from Slingshot. I would
    >consider one email acceptable, but not 3.

    *SNIP*

    They're your e-mail provider, and a very cheap one at that. Their T&C
    do allow them to spam you, and if it's only three e-mails then you're
    doing well.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

    Matthew Poole, Apr 13, 2005

  3. In article <d3k09b$acn$>, (Matthew Poole) wrote:
    >In article <1113370216.296684@ftpsrv1>, "maz" <mazz****@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
    >>Anyone else who uses slingshot, receiving multiple emails from Slingshot,
    >>offerring a free ADSL modem?
    >>
    >>I have received at least 3 emails with the same info in it, in last couple
    >>of days, to the smae email address. I pressume it is from Slingshot. I would
    >>consider one email acceptable, but not 3.
    >>

    >*SNIP*
    >
    >They're your e-mail provider, and a very cheap one at that. Their T&C
    >do allow them to spam you, and if it's only three e-mails then you're
    >doing well.

    That said, tell em you don't want it :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 13, 2005
  4. maz

    Alan Guest

    "maz" <mazz****@slingshot.co.nz> wrote in message

    > Anyone else who uses slingshot, receiving multiple emails from
    > Slingshot, offerring a free ADSL modem?
    >
    > I have received at least 3 emails with the same info in it, in last
    > couple of days, to the smae email address. I pressume it is from
    > Slingshot. I would consider one email acceptable, but not 3.

    Yep - exactly the same email three times so far.

    Up to now they have behaved in an exemplery manner, so while three
    emails (I guess two of them I would regard as spam due to
    obsolescence) is not exactly bad, it does stand out due to their
    previous 'perfect' record in this regard - I have *never* before
    received anything I would regards as spam from them - just valid
    adverts telling me about changes and additions to their service which
    I regard as perfectly acceptable.

    Of course, it might just be a glitch in their server, sending out
    multiple copies of the same email three days running seems entirely
    pointless, so I doubt the marketing guys asked for it. Three months
    runnning might have some rationale, but not daily.

    Alan.

    Alan, Apr 13, 2005
  5. In article <1113448765.740424@ftpsrv1>, "maz" <mazz****@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
    (snip)
    >There are plenty of cheaper low cost dial up suppliers out their now. My
    >issue isn't that they sent me an adveryising email (i believe that they
    >should be allowed to do that), the issue is that they have sent multiple
    >emails with exactly the same message, within a couple of days, which isn't
    >good. I am sure that in their T&Cs, they don't say ,' we are allowed to
    >spam you' . I know you did used to work for them so you probably do have
    >some loyality towards them.

    So ... did you actully complain to them ? Not much point in whinging here is
    there ? :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 14, 2005
  6. maz

    maz Guest

    maz, Apr 14, 2005
  7. In article <HJl7e.18683$>, z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    >In article <1113448765.740424@ftpsrv1>, "maz" <mazz****@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
    >(snip)

    *SNIP*
    >So ... did you actully complain to them ? Not much point in whinging here is
    >there ? :)

    Absolutely no point. None of their staff read Usenet, to the best of my
    knowledge.

    Matthew Poole, Apr 14, 2005
  8. maz

    maz Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    message news:HJl7e.18683$...

    wrote:
    > (snip)
    > >There are plenty of cheaper low cost dial up suppliers out their now. My
    > >issue isn't that they sent me an adveryising email (i believe that they
    > >should be allowed to do that), the issue is that they have sent multiple
    > >emails with exactly the same message, within a couple of days, which

    isn't
    > >good. I am sure that in their T&Cs, they don't say ,' we are allowed to
    > >spam you' . I know you did used to work for them so you probably do have
    > >some loyality towards them.

    > So ... did you actully complain to them ? Not much point in whinging here

    is
    > there ? :)
    >

    > Bruce
    >

    > -------------------------------------
    > The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who

    have not got it.
    > - George Bernard Shaw
    > Cynic, n: a blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as

    they ought to be.
    > - Ambrose Bierce
    >
    > Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    > (if there were any)

    Yeap, I did by replying to their email yesterday, but no reply, just an
    automated response. They charge you per the minute if you phone them about a
    problem.

    maz, Apr 14, 2005
  9. maz

    Richard Guest

    maz wrote:

    > There are plenty of cheaper low cost dial up suppliers out their now. My
    > issue isn't that they sent me an adveryising email (i believe that they
    > should be allowed to do that), the issue is that they have sent multiple
    > emails with exactly the same message, within a couple of days, which isn't
    > good. I am sure that in their T&Cs, they don't say ,' we are allowed to
    > spam you' . I know you did used to work for them so you probably do have
    > some loyality towards them.

    you have an existing business relationship with them, so it isnt spam.

    Also, under heading 9

    9.2 You agree to us using your personal information and where
    appropriate disclosing it to third parties where this is required for us to
    provide you with services, for credit checking and collection and to communicate
    with you about our current and future services.

    So yes, they did put in there T&Cs they would email you, and no, its not spam

    Quit whining.

    Richard, Apr 14, 2005
  10. maz

    maz Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > maz wrote:
    >
    > > There are plenty of cheaper low cost dial up suppliers out their now. My
    > > issue isn't that they sent me an adveryising email (i believe that they
    > > should be allowed to do that), the issue is that they have sent multiple
    > > emails with exactly the same message, within a couple of days, which

    isn't
    > > good. I am sure that in their T&Cs, they don't say ,' we are allowed to
    > > spam you' . I know you did used to work for them so you probably do have
    > > some loyality towards them.

    > you have an existing business relationship with them, so it isnt spam.
    >
    > Also, under heading 9
    >
    > 9.2 You agree to us using your personal information and where
    > appropriate disclosing it to third parties where this is required for us

    > provide you with services, for credit checking and collection and to

    communicate
    > with you about our current and future services.
    >
    > So yes, they did put in there T&Cs they would email you, and no, its not

    spam

    > Quit whining.

    Multiple unsolicated emails with the same exact message is spam. If it was
    just a single message, then it wouldn't be under their T&Cs, but multiple
    emails, then yes. I wasn't winging, I just wanted to see if anyone else also
    recieved multiple copies of the same email. I haven't received any since, so
    it may have been a problem with their system sending out multiple emails. I
    have contected slingshot, as to why I have recieved multiple emails, but not
    surprisingly, no response.

    Also got a spam email from these guys today http://fitnzhosting.com . A NZ
    company sending through an Xtra server. Have also complained to xtra, but I
    also doubt I will get a reply. ISPs always give users who send out
    unsolicated emails, a second chance.

    maz, Apr 14, 2005