    account to go.

    It's just too damn crap to think about - if it isn't the web that's
    slow it's ftp or nntp. I can't remember using such an awful service.

    pour-lay, Oct 21, 2003

  2. pour-lay

    T.N.O. Guest

    "pour-lay" wrote
    > It's just too damn crap to think about - if it isn't the web that's
    > slow it's ftp or nntp.

    Considering your news server is a free server, based in Berlin University...
    Im not overly surprised that nntp is slow.

    fucking moron mumble mumble... fucking News.CIS.DFN.DE mumble fucking
    mumble.

    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003

  3. pour-lay

    pour-lay Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:43:59 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >"pour-lay" wrote
    >> It's just too damn crap to think about - if it isn't the web that's
    >> slow it's ftp or nntp.

    >Considering your news server is a free server, based in Berlin University...
    >Im not overly surprised that nntp is slow.
    >
    >fucking moron mumble mumble... fucking News.CIS.DFN.DE mumble fucking
    >mumble.

    Dont be a ****. The free news server was no problem with my previous
    ISP.

    pour-lay, Oct 21, 2003
  4. pour-lay

    Mike Dee Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in news::

    > "pour-lay" wrote
    >> It's just too damn crap to think about - if it isn't the web that's
    >> slow it's ftp or nntp.

    > Considering your news server is a free server, based in Berlin
    > University... Im not overly surprised that nntp is slow.

    This has to be your most ignorant post of at least half a day, TNO.

    > fucking moron mumble mumble... fucking News.CIS.DFN.DE mumble fucking
    > mumble.

    The soap's in the bathroom, go chew some.

    Mike Dee, Oct 21, 2003
  5. pour-lay

    Jay Guest

    pour-lay wrote:

    > There is no doubt about it. I wonder if I'll be abe to resist the urge
    > to find another ISP even though I still have 2 months of my 3 month
    > account to go.
    >
    > It's just too damn crap to think about - if it isn't the web that's
    > slow it's ftp or nntp. I can't remember using such an awful service.

    Your ISP (callplus.net.nz?) is probably shaping traffic.
    Or their upstream provider is.

    Jay, Oct 21, 2003
  6. pour-lay

    Worm Guest

    "Mike Dee" <> wrote in message

    > The soap's in the bathroom, go chew some.

    That Ginseng and Green Tea soap smells good enough to eat - I'd recommend
    that.

    Worm

    Worm, Oct 22, 2003
  7. pour-lay

    Worm Guest

    "pour-lay" <> wrote in message
    > It's just too damn crap to think about - if it isn't the web that's
    > slow it's ftp or nntp. I can't remember using such an awful service.

    Lesson: You can't pay bugger all and expect the world.

    Worm

    Worm, Oct 22, 2003
  8. pour-lay

    Bruce Flyger Guest

    pour-lay wrote:
    > There is no doubt about it. I wonder if I'll be abe to resist the urge
    > to find another ISP even though I still have 2 months of my 3 month
    > account to go.
    >
    > It's just too damn crap to think about - if it isn't the web that's
    > slow it's ftp or nntp. I can't remember using such an awful service.

    I've never had any problems with slingshot, in fact I find them to be
    quicker than some other more expensive ISPs.

    Why don't you use slingshot's news server?

    --
    M.C.S.E :- Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert

    Bruce Flyger, Oct 22, 2003
  9. pour-lay

    pour-lay Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:38:14 +1300, Bruce Flyger
    <> wrote:

    >pour-lay wrote:
    >> There is no doubt about it. I wonder if I'll be abe to resist the urge
    >> to find another ISP even though I still have 2 months of my 3 month
    >> account to go.
    >>
    >> It's just too damn crap to think about - if it isn't the web that's
    >> slow it's ftp or nntp. I can't remember using such an awful service.
    >>

    >I've never had any problems with slingshot, in fact I find them to be
    >quicker than some other more expensive ISPs.

    Well that's true, my experience with xtra was indescribable - no
    amount of my uncouth vocabulary could do them enough justice.

    I wonder what was the longest time any idiot put up with an xtra
    account before seeing the light and finding an ISP that was either
    better or cheaper or both.

    >Why don't you use slingshot's news server?

    I believe in freedom of expression and there are some nz.general
    posters who don't.

    I should add that eventually after a whinge to slingshot support that
    things have been 'fixed' - sometimes temporarily. With no direct
    response to my 'whinge' email I'm never sure if my fix is due to them
    doing something or if it is accidental. However I still hate 'having
    to' complain to get the service I expect and if they are cheap that is
    their problem, not mine - I still expect service. A bargain aint a
    bargain if it's shit. My previous ISP was actually cheaper and
    although it had it's annoyances I think I might go back to them.

    pour-lay, Oct 22, 2003