    and I don't want to have to pay them (by phoneing their 0900 number)
    to inform them that they have a problem with their network, as they
    should be paying me to inform them!

    art, Aug 25, 2003

  2. art

    Stuart Guest

    > >Anyone having trouble accessing non NZ websites with slingshot today?
    > >I have emailed them but they usually take a couple of days to respond,
    > >and I don't want to have to pay them (by phoneing their 0900 number)
    > >to inform them that they have a problem with their network, as they
    > >should be paying me to inform them!

    >Totally agree !

    tonight.. saturday night is the 4th straight night in a row this has
    been happening.. always late at night.. sort of 11pm ish onward,
    during the day it's fine! Idid ring up. 0800 !! and said.. er..
    sorry.. but do not asl ne to go the 0900 way.. it's your prob' not
    mine (well sort of!) anyway.. I was told they had a issue with
    preventing a hacker from trying to crack their system - this was
    thursday!! and Iwas told it was all cleared up now..obviously not! I
    can't figure it though.. why bring half the system dowm (apparently)
    late at night.. if a hacker is trying to get in.. wouldnt the system
    be vulnerable at ANY time? I'm at times ok and able to access web
    sites.. but conversing with anyone is impossible - ie: yahoo or msn
    messenger or ICQ.. can msg out but not recieving anything back.

    Just wish that whatever the heck they ARE doing. they'd get it fixed!
    late night is my usual on-line time!
    this HAS hapened on at least two maybe 3 occasions inthe past to my
    knowledge, thats in the last couple of years ~ it'd be nice if they'd
    just send out an email and give us warning / explanation of the bugz!
    THIS one is sure the longest one... currently the 4th night in a row.
    come on sling' ~ what IS going on ? just let us know...

    Stuart, Aug 30, 2003