Slingshot - Hot or Not?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by moon_maker@windowslive.com, Oct 7, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Ladies and Gentleman... may I have your attention, please?

    Thank you.

    After all these weary dialled-up years we're finally going to broaden
    our band. Yup. It's out of committee stage. The decision - in
    principle - has been made. Time to catch up with all you fancy-pants
    low-riders out there.

    Just one thing remains: choosing a provider.

    We've looked at the blurbs of several ISP's lately. We're now thinking
    of Slingshot coz they seem - according to their web-site - to have the
    most bang for the buck. Their 'Ignite' plan sounds just right for us:
    15GB per month at speeds of 256kbps/128kbps for $NZ39.95 + home phone
    line for $NZ44.95 per month. Total of $NZ84.90 monthly - as much as
    we're prepared to pay too. That's about $NZ15 more than our present
    Telecom phone/dial-up account.

    Go crazy online between 1am and 6am and it doesn't count against the
    monthly data cap. Local home phone calls are still free and their
    national and international tolls are cheaper than Telecrumb's.
    Slingshot's mobile rates seem reasonable also.

    We'd be bringing our own router to the party, so no extra cost there.

    Anyone have experience with this outfit? Are they the real deal - or
    just another digital tartshop flashing some seductive cyber-thigh for
    gullible wallets? Is there a goombah waiting in pimp alley?

    Apart from early termination fees (pre-nuptuals), anything a broadband
    virgin should know about Slingshot before walking up the ol' cyber
    aisle?

    Well... that's it. As you were.

    Captain Crotchrot
    , Oct 7, 2009

  2. E. Scrooge Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Ladies and Gentleman... may I have your attention, please?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > After all these weary dialled-up years we're finally going to broaden
    > our band. Yup. It's out of committee stage. The decision - in
    > principle - has been made. Time to catch up with all you fancy-pants
    > low-riders out there.
    >
    > Just one thing remains: choosing a provider.
    >
    > We've looked at the blurbs of several ISP's lately. We're now thinking
    > of Slingshot coz they seem - according to their web-site - to have the
    > most bang for the buck. Their 'Ignite' plan sounds just right for us:
    > 15GB per month at speeds of 256kbps/128kbps for $NZ39.95 + home phone
    > line for $NZ44.95 per month. Total of $NZ84.90 monthly - as much as
    > we're prepared to pay too. That's about $NZ15 more than our present
    > Telecom phone/dial-up account.
    >
    > Go crazy online between 1am and 6am and it doesn't count against the
    > monthly data cap. Local home phone calls are still free and their
    > national and international tolls are cheaper than Telecrumb's.
    > Slingshot's mobile rates seem reasonable also.
    >
    > We'd be bringing our own router to the party, so no extra cost there.
    >
    > Anyone have experience with this outfit? Are they the real deal - or
    > just another digital tartshop flashing some seductive cyber-thigh for
    > gullible wallets? Is there a goombah waiting in pimp alley?
    >
    > Apart from early termination fees (pre-nuptuals), anything a broadband
    > virgin should know about Slingshot before walking up the ol' cyber
    > aisle?
    >
    > Well... that's it. As you were.
    >

    > Captain Crotchrot

    You'll need real good luck and plenty of it with Crapshot. Their dial up
    has slowed up that much masking newsgroups unuseable, including a Microsoft
    group that has a very good reliable fast server for years.
    Almost a year ago Slingshot was real good but it's died off a lot since
    then. Kiwi Online actually trading from Orcon is much better.
    Most likely there's only one reliable Broadband player that's holding all
    the cards and that's Telecom, from what I've seen posted some people from
    other ISPs have gone to Telecom for the more reliable Broadband service.
    Call Plus / Slingshot featured on a TV consumer show recently as being a
    much smaller player than they try to make out to be. If you want to change
    phone accounts then it depends on where you live as the only other major
    phone sytem player is Telstra Clear. Most ISPs buy Telecom phone accounts
    at wholesale rates close to full reatail prices just to get the toll
    business which is where the real completive market is by under cutting
    Telecom's Toll charges unless you use Telecom's cheapest 061 number for
    overseas calls which Fair Go has often mentioned as being the cheapest toll
    call charge around and more reliable than Telecom themselves claim about 061
    calling.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 7, 2009

  3. E. Scrooge Guest

    "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (sling replaces *)> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Ladies and Gentleman... may I have your attention, please?
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> After all these weary dialled-up years we're finally going to broaden
    >> our band. Yup. It's out of committee stage. The decision - in
    >> principle - has been made. Time to catch up with all you fancy-pants
    >> low-riders out there.
    >>
    >> Just one thing remains: choosing a provider.
    >>
    >> We've looked at the blurbs of several ISP's lately. We're now thinking
    >> of Slingshot coz they seem - according to their web-site - to have the
    >> most bang for the buck. Their 'Ignite' plan sounds just right for us:
    >> 15GB per month at speeds of 256kbps/128kbps for $NZ39.95 + home phone
    >> line for $NZ44.95 per month. Total of $NZ84.90 monthly - as much as
    >> we're prepared to pay too. That's about $NZ15 more than our present
    >> Telecom phone/dial-up account.
    >>
    >> Go crazy online between 1am and 6am and it doesn't count against the
    >> monthly data cap. Local home phone calls are still free and their
    >> national and international tolls are cheaper than Telecrumb's.
    >> Slingshot's mobile rates seem reasonable also.
    >>
    >> We'd be bringing our own router to the party, so no extra cost there.
    >>
    >> Anyone have experience with this outfit? Are they the real deal - or
    >> just another digital tartshop flashing some seductive cyber-thigh for
    >> gullible wallets? Is there a goombah waiting in pimp alley?
    >>
    >> Apart from early termination fees (pre-nuptuals), anything a broadband
    >> virgin should know about Slingshot before walking up the ol' cyber
    >> aisle?
    >>
    >> Well... that's it. As you were.
    >>

    >> Captain Crotchrot

    > You'll need real good luck and plenty of it with Crapshot. Their dial up
    > has slowed up that much masking newsgroups unuseable, including a
    > Microsoft group that has a very good reliable fast server for years.
    > Almost a year ago Slingshot was real good but it's died off a lot since
    > then. Kiwi Online actually trading from Orcon is much better.
    > Most likely there's only one reliable Broadband player that's holding all
    > the cards and that's Telecom, from what I've seen posted some people from
    > other ISPs have gone to Telecom for the more reliable Broadband service.
    > Call Plus / Slingshot featured on a TV consumer show recently as being a
    > much smaller player than they try to make out to be. If you want to
    > change phone accounts then it depends on where you live as the only other
    > major phone sytem player is Telstra Clear. Most ISPs buy Telecom phone
    > accounts at wholesale rates close to full reatail prices just to get the
    > toll business which is where the real completive market is by under
    > cutting Telecom's Toll charges unless you use Telecom's cheapest 061
    > number for overseas calls which Fair Go has often mentioned as being the
    > cheapest toll call charge around and more reliable than Telecom themselves
    > claim about 061 calling.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Just changed my account newsgroup settings while posting that. I'll be
    leaving Crapshot at the end of the month after paying for another lousy 3
    months of piss poor service at the start of last month.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 7, 2009
  4. Peter Guest

    wrote:
    > Anyone have experience with this outfit?

    Slingshot doesn't provide a newsgroup server.
    I did use Slingshot for a while, but left when they shut down the newsgroup
    server.

    Peter
    Peter, Oct 7, 2009
  5. Warwick Guest

    On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 06:21:21 -0700 (PDT),
    wrote:

    > Ladies and Gentleman... may I have your attention, please?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > After all these weary dialled-up years we're finally going to broaden
    > our band. Yup. It's out of committee stage. The decision - in
    > principle - has been made. Time to catch up with all you fancy-pants
    > low-riders out there.
    >
    > Just one thing remains: choosing a provider.
    >
    > We've looked at the blurbs of several ISP's lately. We're now thinking
    > of Slingshot coz they seem - according to their web-site - to have the
    > most bang for the buck. Their 'Ignite' plan sounds just right for us:
    > 15GB per month at speeds of 256kbps/128kbps for $NZ39.95 + home phone
    > line for $NZ44.95 per month. Total of $NZ84.90 monthly - as much as
    > we're prepared to pay too. That's about $NZ15 more than our present
    > Telecom phone/dial-up account.
    >
    > Go crazy online between 1am and 6am and it doesn't count against the
    > monthly data cap. Local home phone calls are still free and their
    > national and international tolls are cheaper than Telecrumb's.
    > Slingshot's mobile rates seem reasonable also.
    >
    > We'd be bringing our own router to the party, so no extra cost there.
    >
    > Anyone have experience with this outfit? Are they the real deal - or
    > just another digital tartshop flashing some seductive cyber-thigh for
    > gullible wallets? Is there a goombah waiting in pimp alley?
    >
    > Apart from early termination fees (pre-nuptuals), anything a broadband
    > virgin should know about Slingshot before walking up the ol' cyber
    > aisle?
    >
    > Well... that's it. As you were.
    >

    > Captain Crotchrot

    I'm gonna go their mobile deal. per month $20 for access,
    $13 for 600 texts any network and 25 cents a minute any
    network or landline. First 6 months access fees waived.

    Vodafone cost me at least $20 a week.

    --
    cheers
    Warwick, Oct 7, 2009
  6. Jowang Guest

    On Oct 8, 2:21 am, wrote:
    > Ladies and Gentleman... may I have your attention, please?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > After all these weary dialled-up years we're finally going to broaden
    > our band. Yup. It's out of committee stage. The decision - in
    > principle - has been made. Time to catch up with all you fancy-pants
    > low-riders out there.
    >
    > Just one thing remains: choosing a provider.
    >
    > We've looked at the blurbs of several ISP's lately. We're now thinking
    > of Slingshot coz they seem - according to their web-site - to have the
    > most bang for the buck. Their 'Ignite' plan sounds just right for us:
    > 15GB per month at speeds of 256kbps/128kbps for $NZ39.95 + home phone
    > line for $NZ44.95 per month. Total of $NZ84.90 monthly - as much as
    > we're prepared to pay too. That's about $NZ15 more than our present
    > Telecom phone/dial-up account.
    >
    > Go crazy online between 1am and 6am and it doesn't count against the
    > monthly data cap. Local home phone calls are still free and their
    > national and international tolls are cheaper than Telecrumb's.
    > Slingshot's mobile rates seem reasonable also.
    >
    > We'd be bringing our own router to the party, so no extra cost there.
    >
    > Anyone have experience with this outfit? Are they the real deal - or
    > just another digital tartshop flashing some seductive cyber-thigh for
    > gullible wallets? Is there a goombah waiting in pimp alley?
    >
    > Apart from early termination fees (pre-nuptuals), anything a broadband
    > virgin should know about Slingshot before walking up the ol' cyber
    > aisle?
    >
    > Well... that's it. As you were.
    >
    > Captain Crotchrot

    I have been with them for years and think they are excellent.
    Jowang, Oct 7, 2009
  7. E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jowang" <> wrote in message
    > On Oct 8, 2:21 am, wrote:
    >> Ladies and Gentleman... may I have your attention, please?
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> After all these weary dialled-up years we're finally going to broaden
    >> our band. Yup. It's out of committee stage. The decision - in
    >> principle - has been made. Time to catch up with all you fancy-pants
    >> low-riders out there.
    >>
    >> Just one thing remains: choosing a provider.
    >>
    >> We've looked at the blurbs of several ISP's lately. We're now thinking
    >> of Slingshot coz they seem - according to their web-site - to have the
    >> most bang for the buck. Their 'Ignite' plan sounds just right for us:
    >> 15GB per month at speeds of 256kbps/128kbps for $NZ39.95 + home phone
    >> line for $NZ44.95 per month. Total of $NZ84.90 monthly - as much as
    >> we're prepared to pay too. That's about $NZ15 more than our present
    >> Telecom phone/dial-up account.
    >>
    >> Go crazy online between 1am and 6am and it doesn't count against the
    >> monthly data cap. Local home phone calls are still free and their
    >> national and international tolls are cheaper than Telecrumb's.
    >> Slingshot's mobile rates seem reasonable also.
    >>
    >> We'd be bringing our own router to the party, so no extra cost there.
    >>
    >> Anyone have experience with this outfit? Are they the real deal - or
    >> just another digital tartshop flashing some seductive cyber-thigh for
    >> gullible wallets? Is there a goombah waiting in pimp alley?
    >>
    >> Apart from early termination fees (pre-nuptuals), anything a broadband
    >> virgin should know about Slingshot before walking up the ol' cyber
    >> aisle?
    >>
    >> Well... that's it. As you were.
    >>
    >> Captain Crotchrot

    > I have been with them for years and think they are excellent.

    About 8 years for me which was real good on dial up right from the start.
    Lots better than ihug. For the last year the wheels fell off making even
    this group completely unuseable with the popular independent reliable
    server.

    Just how long for "for years" roughly mean for you?
    4 years? 10 years? 15 years?

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 8, 2009
  8. neutrino Guest

    What's the big difference to viewing Newsgroups -as Peter said:
    "I did use Slingshot for a while, but left when they shut down the
    newsgroup"
    I only ever access newsgroups via Google - such as this one via:
    http://groups.google.com/group/nz.comp/browse_thread/thread/dc92c3fcf5e07426#

    viewing, responding, posting -I'v had no problems at all.. does
    everyone else do it another way?
    are you using Outlook express? I did that for a while wayyy back -but
    ever since Google came around
    I'v totally switched to this access.
    As for Slingshot - been with them since shortly after they came into
    existance, still on dialup which
    at times can be a PainintheAss ~ but only cos some web sites are not
    considering Dial-up users,
    it's no worse/better than it's ever been... can't say I'v had any
    cause for complain, dial up is what it is and I don't expect
    much greater than 5 or 6Kps. big downloads go overnight -and I don't
    notice the "time" while asleep.
    neutrino, Oct 8, 2009
  9. E. Scrooge Guest

    "neutrino" <> wrote in message
    > What's the big difference to viewing Newsgroups -as Peter said:
    > "I did use Slingshot for a while, but left when they shut down the
    > newsgroup"
    > I only ever access newsgroups via Google - such as this one via:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/nz.comp/browse_thread/thread/dc92c3fcf5e07426#
    >
    > viewing, responding, posting -I'v had no problems at all.. does
    > everyone else do it another way?
    > are you using Outlook express? I did that for a while wayyy back -but
    > ever since Google came around
    > I'v totally switched to this access.
    > As for Slingshot - been with them since shortly after they came into
    > existance, still on dialup which
    > at times can be a PainintheAss ~ but only cos some web sites are not
    > considering Dial-up users,
    > it's no worse/better than it's ever been... can't say I'v had any
    > cause for complain, dial up is what it is and I don't expect
    > much greater than 5 or 6Kps. big downloads go overnight -and I don't
    > notice the "time" while asleep.

    Simple that you don't even understand that I've used independent newgroup
    serveres for years.
    AEIO - whatever
    Motzella which has changed to September Org.
    And of course the priority Microsoft server that I use which is as reliable
    as anyone could ever expect.
    Of course you need an ISP to connect to the Net to start with in order to
    use any independent usenet service.
    Slingshot was real good years, but completely unuseable on dial up at least.
    Home website doesn't even load when first connected it's a random thing on
    whether it does it or not. Downloads have many pauses in them. Kiwi Online
    was crap when it first started now it's going as well as Slingshot used to.
    Of course KOL is now owned by Orcon which could explain the big improvement
    over the last few years.

    Even though actual initial claimed connection speed isn't that important I
    used to connect with a speed of 53.2 Kbps showing for Slingshot, but over a
    year ago it averaged round from 50 to 52 Kbps. KOL connects at 53.2Kbps
    same as what Slingshot at it's best used to.
    Using Google is a poor option compared to using a proper pop3 service. You
    have no idea how much better that using September.Org with free setup which
    many other are using in here as well.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 8, 2009
  10. Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 05:32:12 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    (sling replaces *)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    > Anyone have experience with this outfit?

    Based on some of the feedback I decided to find out what Slingshot
    could offer us that compared to what we already have bundled with
    Telecom.

    Very interesting. The Slingshot website was a dog's breakfast. I had
    to open around ten tabs in Firefox to get the basic info because they
    have broadband, mobile phone and land line plans listed on separate
    pages and no plans - except one that isn't available in our area.

    But what about Smartphone services like Call Minder, Call Waiting,
    Caller ID, Call Diversion, etc? I couldn't find any reference to those
    or the kind of special rate we have for calls from our land line to a
    designated cellphone (I think it's called "Friends" or something like
    that).

    So I decided to email their support with a request for Slingshot's
    price for the same bundle we have from Telecom.

    Ah ... but you have to sign up for an account BEFORE you can email
    them.

    So why not phone them on their 0800 helpline instead?

    After picking the option for people interested in joining Slingshot I
    waited for around five minutes to speak with someone who asked me for
    my Slingshot account number.

    When I explained that I didn't have an account, but was calling to
    find out what Slingshot could offer me, she asked what Slingshot
    services I already had. None, I answered. But not satisfied with that
    she asked , "So you've never had any Slingshot services or an account
    with us?"

    Long story short - I've rarely spoken to a more dense, uninformed and
    unhelpful support person in my life. Not only did I have to spell my
    surname three times and our street address five times ("Is Lane
    spelled "L ... A ... N ... E ...?) but after putting me on hold four
    times all she could suggest is that I go back to the website and try
    and get the information there.

    If that's how Slingshot treats prospective customers I don't need to
    know any more about them.
    Donchano, Oct 8, 2009
  11. "neutrino" <> wrote in message
    > What's the big difference to viewing Newsgroups -as Peter said:
    > "I did use Slingshot for a while, but left when they shut down the
    > newsgroup"
    > I only ever access newsgroups via Google - such as this one via:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/nz.comp/browse_thread/thread/dc92c3fcf5e07426#
    >
    > viewing, responding, posting -I'v had no problems at all.. does
    > everyone else do it another way?
    > are you using Outlook express?

    I use free.teranews.com which downloads posts to Outlook Express. There was
    a set-up fee of about $5. It is far easier than the cumbersome access via
    Google.
    (Xtra does not offer a news reader service anymore.)
    BlokeDownThePub, Oct 8, 2009
  12. On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:12:18 +1300, Donchano
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 05:32:12 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    >(sling replaces *)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> Anyone have experience with this outfit?

    >Based on some of the feedback I decided to find out what Slingshot
    >could offer us that compared to what we already have bundled with
    >Telecom.
    >
    >Very interesting. The Slingshot website was a dog's breakfast. I had
    >to open around ten tabs in Firefox to get the basic info because they
    >have broadband, mobile phone and land line plans listed on separate
    >pages and no plans - except one that isn't available in our area.
    >
    >But what about Smartphone services like Call Minder, Call Waiting,
    >Caller ID, Call Diversion, etc? I couldn't find any reference to those
    >or the kind of special rate we have for calls from our land line to a
    >designated cellphone (I think it's called "Friends" or something like
    >that).
    >
    >So I decided to email their support with a request for Slingshot's
    >price for the same bundle we have from Telecom.
    >
    >Ah ... but you have to sign up for an account BEFORE you can email
    >them.
    >
    >So why not phone them on their 0800 helpline instead?
    >
    >After picking the option for people interested in joining Slingshot I
    >waited for around five minutes to speak with someone who asked me for
    >my Slingshot account number.
    >
    >When I explained that I didn't have an account, but was calling to
    >find out what Slingshot could offer me, she asked what Slingshot
    >services I already had. None, I answered. But not satisfied with that
    >she asked , "So you've never had any Slingshot services or an account
    >with us?"
    >
    >Long story short - I've rarely spoken to a more dense, uninformed and
    >unhelpful support person in my life. Not only did I have to spell my
    >surname three times and our street address five times ("Is Lane
    >spelled "L ... A ... N ... E ...?) but after putting me on hold four
    >times all she could suggest is that I go back to the website and try
    >and get the information there.
    >
    >If that's how Slingshot treats prospective customers I don't need to
    >know any more about them.

    I am afraid that is pretty representative of my experience with
    Slingshot. Their frontline support varies from awful to utterly
    dreadful. If you can get past the frontline people, you can
    occasionally get someone who has real knowledge. But usually they are
    unable to help you as whatever they need to do for you needs to be
    referred to the "network department" or a manager, and it never
    happens until you have been calling them for a month or so. To get to
    a helpful person, ask to speak to a "Team Leader".

    The time taken to actually get through to a frontline help person was
    usually pretty bad too - I had to buy a speakerphone so I could do
    other things while I was on hold for up to an hour. Due to my OOS,
    there was no way I could hold a phone to my ear for long enough to get
    through.

    And if you want to email them, you find that they do not have a
    support email address. You can send them an email from one of their
    web pages, but you will normally never get a reply from the web page
    that you find. If, however, you dig deeper into their crappy web
    site, you can find another web page where you can send them an
    official complaint. They do actually bother to reply to them. That
    does not mean they will actually fix something for you without many
    emails and phone conversations though.

    I advise everyone to steer well clear of Slingshot.
    Stephen Worthington, Oct 9, 2009
  13. E. Scrooge Guest

    "Donchano" <> wrote in message

    > On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 05:32:12 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    > (sling replaces *)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> Anyone have experience with this outfit?

    > Based on some of the feedback I decided to find out what Slingshot
    > could offer us that compared to what we already have bundled with
    > Telecom.
    >
    > Very interesting. The Slingshot website was a dog's breakfast. I had
    > to open around ten tabs in Firefox to get the basic info because they
    > have broadband, mobile phone and land line plans listed on separate
    > pages and no plans - except one that isn't available in our area.
    >
    > But what about Smartphone services like Call Minder, Call Waiting,
    > Caller ID, Call Diversion, etc? I couldn't find any reference to those
    > or the kind of special rate we have for calls from our land line to a
    > designated cellphone (I think it's called "Friends" or something like
    > that).
    >
    > So I decided to email their support with a request for Slingshot's
    > price for the same bundle we have from Telecom.
    >
    > Ah ... but you have to sign up for an account BEFORE you can email
    > them.
    >
    > So why not phone them on their 0800 helpline instead?
    >
    > After picking the option for people interested in joining Slingshot I
    > waited for around five minutes to speak with someone who asked me for
    > my Slingshot account number.
    >
    > When I explained that I didn't have an account, but was calling to
    > find out what Slingshot could offer me, she asked what Slingshot
    > services I already had. None, I answered. But not satisfied with that
    > she asked , "So you've never had any Slingshot services or an account
    > with us?"
    >
    > Long story short - I've rarely spoken to a more dense, uninformed and
    > unhelpful support person in my life. Not only did I have to spell my
    > surname three times and our street address five times ("Is Lane
    > spelled "L ... A ... N ... E ...?) but after putting me on hold four
    > times all she could suggest is that I go back to the website and try
    > and get the information there.
    >
    > If that's how Slingshot treats prospective customers I don't need to
    > know any more about them.

    No matter what they offer you'd still be using the Telecom phone system
    network except that Slingshot would own your phone account. Any problems
    means you'd have to contact Slingshot who would then find out what the
    problem is from Telecom.
    Let Call Plus (Slingshot) setup their own phone network like Telstra Clear
    has in Christchurch and Wellington.
    With Telecom controlling Broadband for all providers that makes the
    Broadband choice quite a bit easier.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 9, 2009
  14. Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 21:04:22 +1300, Stephen Worthington
    <34.nz56.remove_numbers> shouted from the highest
    rooftop:

    >I advise everyone to steer well clear of Slingshot.

    Thanks for the advice. After yesterday's runaround I certainly will.
    The term "wankers" comes to mind.
    Donchano, Oct 9, 2009
  15. faceleg

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Slingshot

    I have also found them hard to deal with. And rude, and sneaky.

    I was so disgusted with the “service” I received that I made this site: A Slingshot Customer’s Experience – slingshot (dot) org (dot) nz.

    The sad thing is that this is the third time my family has had a Slingshot account – before now we loved them.

    Slow broadband and awful service.
    faceleg, Jan 23, 2011