    Be good to know is others on Slingshot have the same problem.

    Cheers,
    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 19, 2004

  2. E. Scrooge

    John Guest

    > Seems I can't send anything other than text emails. I've tried sending
    > attachments several times today, only to get server time out messages.
    > I'm sure the problem isn't at my end, as I sent the 2 emails away on my

    ihug
    > account without a problem. Can't even send a test attachment on

    Slingshot,
    > it would start very slow then completely stop. I've had large emails

    come
    > in easy enough (these are all well under 1 MB).
    >
    > Be good to know is others on Slingshot have the same problem.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > E. Scrooge

    No problems here sending attachments with slingshot in Wellington.
    John, Jul 19, 2004

  3. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message

    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    > > Seems I can't send anything other than text emails. I've tried sending
    > > attachments several times today, only to get server time out messages.
    > > I'm sure the problem isn't at my end, as I sent the 2 emails away on my

    > ihug
    > > account without a problem. Can't even send a test attachment on

    > Slingshot,
    > > it would start very slow then completely stop. I've had large emails

    > come
    > > in easy enough (these are all well under 1 MB).
    > >
    > > Be good to know is others on Slingshot have the same problem.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > E. Scrooge

    > No problems here sending attachments with slingshot in Wellington.

    Thanks, John.
    I'm pleased to say that after a frustrating time double checking settings
    compared to my ihug settings. The problem was all at my end. The Athlon PC
    didn't have a problem, but this PC still did.
    Turned out to be in the configuration of the modem for Slingshot. The
    "control flow and hardware boxes" were unchecked. I probably fiddled with
    them a few months back when Slingshot had connection problems. Never sent
    any larger than text emails since then. It never affected downloads or
    incoming emails, only the emails I was trying to send out.

    Cheers,
    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 19, 2004