    to dial-up speeds!). Just wondering if anyone has had experience
    downloading torrents on Slingshot?

    , Apr 3, 2006

  2. Dave Taylor Guest

    wrote in news:1144052277.566042.150370
    @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

    > Now that the new plans have taken effect, I'm re-evaluating my choice
    > of ISP (currently with Orcon).

    I do know that if I was DSL to DSL switch, I would be looking at Actrix
    closely.

    I was a Slingshot DUN customer and was very happy.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Apr 3, 2006

  3. Dave Taylor Guest

    wrote in news:1144052277.566042.150370
    @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

    > But, before I make a move, does anyone know if Slingshot do any traffic
    > shaping?

    Call them? no wait, they charge for support, email?

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Apr 3, 2006
  4. joe_90 Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > wrote in news:1144052277.566042.150370
    > @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> But, before I make a move, does anyone know if Slingshot do any traffic
    >> shaping?

    > Call them? no wait, they charge for support, email?

    No they don't.

    joe_90, Apr 3, 2006
  5. joe_90 Guest

    wrote:
    > Now that the new plans have taken effect, I'm re-evaluating my choice
    > of ISP (currently with Orcon).
    >
    > I looked at Ihug but don't like the idea of being throttled back when I
    > go over my data cap, so next was Slingshot. Their prices seem pretty
    > good, and the extra data rates seem better than Orcon (e.g. $10 per
    > 10gb instead of $10 per 5gb).
    >
    > But, before I make a move, does anyone know if Slingshot do any traffic
    > shaping? Currently my biggest use of data is P2P and I'm getting mixed
    > results with Orcon (occasionally I get up to 60KBps but often it's down
    > to dial-up speeds!). Just wondering if anyone has had experience
    > downloading torrents on Slingshot?

    Hard to say if they traffic shape given the nature of P2P, but their
    T&C's certainly give them the option to do so -

    "If you are on an "uncapped" or "unlimited" plan the total amount of
    data you can upload or download is unlimited. We may use traffic
    prioritisation policies for these plans and our capped plans at any time
    to improve the overall performance amongst our customers."

    joe_90, Apr 3, 2006
  6. Dave Taylor Guest

    joe_90 <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote in

    >> Call them? no wait, they charge for support, email?

    > No they don't.

    They used to charge for DUN support...
    I stand corrected.

    --