Slimline Photostore, opinions?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Darren Helsby, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I'm planning to travel in South America for several months and I've
    been investigating how I might offload and securely store images and
    video from my Fuji S7000.

    I ran across a product called the "Slimline Photostore"
    (http://www.storagedepot.co.uk/products.asp?action=showproduct&id=137&q=&type=65),
    which is a portable CD burner amongst other things. It doesn't
    require a PC to operate. I would just plug my xD card into the slot,
    press a button and it would burn the contents to a CD. This idea
    seems perfect as I can then post the CD home to family.

    However, it looks like a fairly new product and I haven't found any
    reviews online. I was wondering if anyone has tried the unit and what
    their opinion is. I'm also interested in the battery life achieved.

    Finally, the literature says that it only accepts xD cards up to
    128MB, but could I get away with using a compact flash adapter with xD
    cards over 128MB?

    Thanks for your help,

    Darren
    Darren Helsby, Sep 1, 2004