    download.

    Does any have any recommended slim, free pdf reader software?

    Gay

    brazen, Jul 25, 2007

  2. brazen

    Jeremy Guest

    brazen wrote:
    > Just checked and the latest download for Acrobat is 22 Mb. How ridiculous!
    > My dialup website viewers are not going to wait all night for a 22mb file to
    > download.
    >
    > Does any have any recommended slim, free pdf reader software?
    >
    > Gay

    Foxit pdf reader free and lite on system rescources

    Jeremy, Jul 25, 2007

  3. brazen

    sam Guest

    brazen wrote:
    > Just checked and the latest download for Acrobat is 22 Mb. How ridiculous!
    > My dialup website viewers are not going to wait all night for a 22mb file to
    > download.
    >
    > Does any have any recommended slim, free pdf reader software?
    >
    > Gay

    less than 1M

    http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/

    sam, Jul 25, 2007
  4. brazen

    XPD Guest

    "Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    > brazen wrote:
    >> Just checked and the latest download for Acrobat is 22 Mb. How
    >> ridiculous! My dialup website viewers are not going to wait all night for
    >> a 22mb file to download.
    >>
    >> Does any have any recommended slim, free pdf reader software?
    >>
    >> Gay

    > Foxit pdf reader free and lite on system rescources

    For Windows, yup, I second that.

    XPD, Jul 25, 2007
  5. brazen

    Allistar Guest

    brazen wrote:

    > Just checked and the latest download for Acrobat is 22 Mb. How ridiculous!
    > My dialup website viewers are not going to wait all night for a 22mb file
    > to download.
    >
    > Does any have any recommended slim, free pdf reader software?
    >
    > Gay

    KPDF (7Mb)? xpdf (2.5Mb)

    You didn't mention what platform this is for.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jul 25, 2007
  6. brazen

    Ray Greene Guest

    Yes, Foxit is great. www.foxitsoftware.com

    --
    Ray Greene

    Ray Greene, Jul 25, 2007
  7. brazen

    brazen Guest

    "Ray Greene" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:08:12 +1200, "XPD" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Jeremy" <> wrote in message

    >>> Foxit pdf reader free and lite on system rescources

    >>For Windows, yup, I second that.

    > Yes, Foxit is great. www.foxitsoftware.com

    Thats great, guys - thanks a lot.

    And while we are sharing.... a great free pdf creation software is
    www.primopdf.com

    Gay

    brazen, Jul 25, 2007
  8. brazen

    brazen Guest

    "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    > brazen wrote:
    >
    >> Just checked and the latest download for Acrobat is 22 Mb. How
    >> ridiculous!
    >> My dialup website viewers are not going to wait all night for a 22mb file
    >> to download.
    >>
    >> Does any have any recommended slim, free pdf reader software?
    >>
    >> Gay

    > KPDF (7Mb)? xpdf (2.5Mb)
    >
    > You didn't mention what platform this is for.

    as many as possible - we've been pointing people in the adobe direction for
    years, but 22mb is just farrrr too big.

    Gay

    brazen, Jul 25, 2007
  9. brazen

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <f86mf1$la7$>,
    says...

    > "Ray Greene" <> wrote in message
    > > On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:08:12 +1200, "XPD" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > >>"Jeremy" <> wrote in message

    > >>For Windows, yup, I second that.

    > > Yes, Foxit is great. www.foxitsoftware.com
    > >

    > Thats great, guys - thanks a lot.
    >
    > And while we are sharing.... a great free pdf creation software is
    > www.primopdf.com

    That ain't a pdf creator, it's a pdf converter. (Unless it's changed
    from when I last looked).

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Jul 25, 2007
  10. On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:08:03 +1200, brazen wrote:

    > Just checked and the latest download for Acrobat is 22 Mb. How ridiculous!
    > My dialup website viewers are not going to wait all night for a 22mb file
    > to download.

    It won't take "all night".

    On a 56k modem with a good connection a user will be able to download
    approx 10mb/hour.

    However, if you want a smaller PDF viewer, try xPDF - very nice and slim
    PDF viewer. Don't know if there's a 'doze version tho'.

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    bath and a short dress to get into."

    Jonathan Walker, Jul 25, 2007
  11. brazen

    bambam Guest

    Ray Greene <> wrote in

    >>> Foxit pdf reader free and lite on system rescources

    >>For Windows, yup, I second that.

    > Yes, Foxit is great. www.foxitsoftware.com

    Another good thing about FoxIt, is that it will run from a flash drive.

    bambam, Jul 25, 2007
  12. brazen wrote:
    > "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    >> brazen wrote:
    >>> Just checked and the latest download for Acrobat is 22 Mb. How
    >>> ridiculous!
    >>> My dialup website viewers are not going to wait all night for a 22mb file
    >>> to download.
    >>> Does any have any recommended slim, free pdf reader software?

    >> KPDF (7Mb)? xpdf (2.5Mb)
    >> You didn't mention what platform this is for.
    >>

    > as many as possible - we've been pointing people in the adobe direction for
    > years, but 22mb is just farrrr too big.

    In the same way that pdf files are generally far too big.

    Mark Robinson, Jul 25, 2007
  13. brazen

    Greg House Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:08:03 +1200, "brazen" <> wrote:

    >Just checked and the latest download for Acrobat is 22 Mb. How ridiculous!
    >My dialup website viewers are not going to wait all night for a 22mb file to
    >download.
    >
    >Does any have any recommended slim, free pdf reader software?
    >
    >Gay

    2 hours most, unless you have a crap modem...

    I have dnloaded the Autopatcher 320megs many times with no problems at all, I also use a dnload
    manager and have a Great Modem..

    Greg House, Jul 25, 2007
  14. brazen

    John Guest

    Super fast, 82.21 megs of adobe reader gone from my system...
    for good!

    John, Jul 25, 2007
  15. brazen

    brazen Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <f86mf1$la7$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> "Ray Greene" <> wrote in message

    >> > Yes, Foxit is great. www.foxitsoftware.com
    >> >

    >> Thats great, guys - thanks a lot.
    >>
    >> And while we are sharing.... a great free pdf creation software is
    >> www.primopdf.com

    > That ain't a pdf creator, it's a pdf converter. (Unless it's changed
    > from when I last looked).

    whoops sorry, yes thats what I meant to type.

    gay

    brazen, Jul 25, 2007
  16. brazen

    brazen Guest

    "Greg House" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:08:03 +1200, "brazen"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just checked and the latest download for Acrobat is 22 Mb. How ridiculous!
    >>My dialup website viewers are not going to wait all night for a 22mb file
    >>download.
    >>
    >>Does any have any recommended slim, free pdf reader software?
    >>
    >>Gay
    >>

    > 2 hours most, unless you have a crap modem...

    A lot of folk I know have a crap connection - so its slow and drops out
    fairly regularly. 22mb is just too dodgy.

    gay

    brazen, Jul 25, 2007
  17. In message <f86too$7i3$>, brazen wrote:

    > "Greg House" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> 2 hours most, unless you have a crap modem...
    >>

    > A lot of folk I know have a crap connection - so its slow and drops out
    > fairly regularly.

    So why not just have it automatically reconnect?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 25, 2007
  18. brazen

    brazen Guest

    > In message <f86too$7i3$>, brazen wrote:
    >
    >> "Greg House" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> 2 hours most, unless you have a crap modem...
    >>>

    >> A lot of folk I know have a crap connection - so its slow and drops out
    >> fairly regularly.

    > So why not just have it automatically reconnect?

    I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about an option for newbie website
    viewers who dont have Acrobat Reader pre-installed.

    Gay

    brazen, Jul 25, 2007
  19. brazen

    Dave Taylor Guest

    John <> wrote in

    > Super fast, 82.21 megs of adobe reader gone from my system...
    > for good!

    Yep, but look at what the printed versions of documents look like vs adobe
    reader... then decide. I have seen differences in margins for the first
    thing that I noticed. Colours are also imprtant to customers, so check
    that also. That said, Adobe reader 6.0.0 was terrible and 5.05 fixed that
    problem. Maybe 8.1 would have too, but there was a difference between
    foxit and adobe on that pc I was troubleshooting.
    I use foxit at home, and really like it, but just be aware there might be
    issues with some things.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jul 25, 2007
  20. Try PDF995

    Both reads and writes PDFs

    About 4.5MB download

    Full reg is cheap - less that nz $30

    Lindsay Rollo
    Wellington, New Zealand

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Jul 25, 2007