    determine if a digital broad cast is in the 4:3 format or in the 16:9
    format without flipping through the various format option on the TV
    until you find one that looks right?

    Keith nuttle, Jan 10, 2009

  2. Keith nuttle

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:hT4al.18024$ Keith nuttle
    <> wrote:

    > We have connected to the digital antenna for TV.

    What's a "digital antenna"?

    No.

    Don't answer that; at least not in this newsgroup.

    > Is there any way to determine if a digital broad cast is in the 4:3
    > format or in the 16:9 format without flipping through the various
    > format option on the TV until you find one that looks right?

    It all depends on the capabilities of the device you're using to receive
    the signal.

    My inlaws' digital converter has an "info" display that includes the
    broadcaster's idea of what format he thinks he's sending, although it
    often has no relation to the actual format of the image.

    [Cross-posted and followups set to a more appropriate newsgroup]

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jan 10, 2009

  3. Keith nuttle

    The Henchman Guest

    "Keith nuttle" <> wrote in message
    > We have connected to the digital antenna for TV.

    Try alt.video.digital-tv They'll answer everything you need to know
    including links to the local stations and updates on local transmission
    power etc....

    The Henchman, Jan 10, 2009