Slight "shimmer" while dubbing

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by SJS, Sep 2, 2005.

  1. SJS

    SJS Guest

    Hello, people :) First, I'd like to thank everyone for offering their help
    with a few questions I have posted concerning a jitter problem I was having
    with VCR playback. Happy to say, I have found a VCR that plays those older
    tapes perfectly :) It involved a special feature that has you hold down
    "play" for two seconds to reduce jitter on EP recordings. :)

    However, I have another "concern". now that I have the major jitter issue
    fixed, have another minor issue that cropped up. What I'm seeing on those
    tapes during playback is something I can best describe as a minor "shimmer".
    I have the VCR attached to my DVD recorder through a standard set of AV
    cables. When I playback the tape, I can see an occasional shimmer, or slight
    vibration in the picture. It's not really a jitter, but a small shimmer (if
    that makes any sense). I thought it may have been the cables but I've tried
    higher end ones and they work the same.

    Now, here's the kicker: When the VCR is attached directly to the TV, the
    playback looks perfect. Also, when the VCR is connected with the AV cables
    through another VCR, the picture is also perfect. so, I only get the shimmer
    when the VCR is connected to the DVD burner for dubbing.

    Any ideas? Thanks :)

    AMcom <-- remove NOSPAM

    SJS, Sep 2, 2005