    background.
    But no idea what songs.
    Thanks in advance
    Ninip, Sep 24, 2006

  2. Ninip

    KimbaWLion Guest

    KimbaWLion, Sep 24, 2006

  3. Ninip

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Ninip wrote:
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone could help me with some suggestions for a
    > background song for my slide show.
    >
    > I am making a slideshow for my Aunt's 90th Birthday and would like to put
    > some appropriate and sentimental, emotional music with lyrics in the
    > background.
    > But no idea what songs.
    > Thanks in advance

    It would be difficult, if not impossible, for anyone to be able to pick
    a soundtrack for your slideshow without seeing the show, or knowing the
    lady concerned.

    I have done quite a few of them now, and find the soundtrack selection
    can often take longer than all the other steps put together. My method
    is normally to watch the show through as many times as necessary until
    something "sort of" jumps out at me. I may then go through a number of
    choices until eventually it all seems to come together.

    As an example, last week I finished a 30 minute slideshow of a tour of
    the North West of Western Australia. The country is quite dramatic but
    nothing I tried seem to fit in with the show - it just seemed dull and
    lifeless. After about three weeks of experimentation I came up with a
    piece which fitted perfectly. Nominally it was meditation music using
    Australian Aboriginal instruments and chants, and all of a sudden it all
    came together. The waterholes, billabongs and landscape features
    became quite mystical, and fitted together perfectly. The show ended
    up being almost a religious experience.

    Sometimes the song just jumps out at you. A compilation of old family
    photographs from the 1940's onwards made me think of the song "Try To
    Remember" by Harry Belafonte. A segment with my grandchildren playing
    happily inspired me to try "What A Wonderful World". Another section
    with one of my grandsons made me think of McArtney's "When I'm 64".
    Another of pictures taken when my daughter and I welcomed her husband
    back from the Gulf War, and after seeing the total devotion on her face
    made me pick Celine Dion's "Tell Him".

    I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Just stick with
    it, and it will come together for you.

    Good luck.

    --
    Cheers