    CD or CDRW and view it on my DVD player or PC. I would like the ability to
    put text on each slide and also record audio on a slide.

    What are my choices and why?
    Norm, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Norm

    Renee Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote in message
    news:HRbWc.10357$...
    > I want a program to download my digital photos and create a slideshow on a
    > CD or CDRW and view it on my DVD player or PC. I would like the ability to
    > put text on each slide and also record audio on a slide.
    >
    > What are my choices and why?

    This question was posed a short time ago . . . someone recommended ProShow
    Gold as one choice. There are options for saving the slideshow several ways:

    DVD
    Video CD
    Video file
    Autorun CD
    As an executable file
    Screensaver
    Webshow
    Email
    Share online

    I really like this program a lot because there are so many options with it,
    and it is very easy to use.

    Renee
    Renee, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Norm

    Hunt Guest

    In article <8GcWc.39895$>,
    says...

    >"Norm" <> wrote in message
    >> I want a program to download my digital photos and create a slideshow on a
    >> CD or CDRW and view it on my DVD player or PC. I would like the ability to
    >> put text on each slide and also record audio on a slide.
    >>
    >> What are my choices and why?
    >>

    >This question was posed a short time ago . . . someone recommended ProShow
    >Gold as one choice. There are options for saving the slideshow several ways:
    >
    >DVD
    >Video CD
    >Video file
    >Autorun CD
    >As an executable file
    >Screensaver
    >Webshow
    >Email
    >Share online
    >
    >I really like this program a lot because there are so many options with it,
    >and it is very easy to use.
    >
    >Renee

    Another to add to the list would be Pinnacle's Studio (v9 now). Though it is
    basically a video editor, it has a lot of strength in the production of still
    slide shows, tons of included transitions, and DVD menus. One can also turn
    around and use it for video, its intended purpose. It runs US$99, but is often
    deeply discounted.

    Hunt
    Hunt, Aug 23, 2004
  4. "Norm" <> wrote in message
    > I want a program to download my digital photos and create a slideshow on a
    > CD or CDRW and view it on my DVD player or PC. I would like the ability to
    > put text on each slide and also record audio on a slide.
    >
    > What are my choices and why?

    You can try Paint Shop Photo Album free for 30 days. Download it from
    www.jasc.com.
    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 23, 2004
  5. Norm

    HRosita Guest

    Right now the best software is Pro Show Gold. Abit expensive.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Aug 23, 2004