    photos at the same resolution after rotation without editing similar to
    a slide projector?

    JAB

    jab, Nov 14, 2006

  2. jab

    John Guest

    "jab" <> wrote in message news:ejd1m1$o9n$...
    > While looking at my digital vacation pictures last night, I was reminded
    > of one of the draw backs to digital if I were to project the images to a
    > screen. This is the vertically shot photos. When rotated, they are not the
    > same resolution as the horizontal photos as being limited by the height of
    > the monitor. I am still using Microsoft picture viewer. Would a better
    > software package enable me to display vertical and horizontal photos at
    > the same resolution after rotation without editing similar to a slide
    > projector?

    No.

    John, Nov 14, 2006

  3. jab

    Bucky Guest

    jab wrote:
    > Would
    > a better software package enable me to display vertical and horizontal
    > photos at the same resolution after rotation without editing similar to
    > a slide projector?

    I don't know if there are software packages that do this, but this
    could be possible in theory. Let's say that your monitor and projector
    resolution is 1024x768. Instead of showing the horizontal photos at
    full resolution, the software would scale them down to 768x576 (still
    4:3 aspect ratio). Then you zoom in the projecter (or move the
    projector closer to the screen) until the 768x576 image fills the
    entire screen. This way, both horizontal and vertical photos will have
    the same resolution and be projected to the same size.

    Bucky, Nov 14, 2006