    Gene Palmiter
    freebridge design group
    freebridge magazine

    Gene Palmiter, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Gene Palmiter

    stewy Guest

    "Gene Palmiter" <> wrote in message
    news:ho1Ic.24893$...
    > I just picked up some older computers at an auction. I plan to put my

    photos
    > on display in local business windows. I would rather not deal with
    > windows....cause there is no way I would buy that many copies...anyone

    have
    > some ideas on how this can best be done with dos or other options? Maybe
    > someday I will do PowerPoint presentations with them...but for now I want

    an
    > easy way.

    Business windows or Microsoft Windows?

    stewy, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Gene Palmiter

    Mike Fields Guest

    How about cheap DVD players that will play jpgs ??
    They can be had for $50 or so and will play a DVD
    (0r even CD-R?) loaded with JPG files.

    --
    Mike "mikey" Fields
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

    Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
    Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

    Mike Fields, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Gene Palmiter

    Bob Guest

    > I just picked up some older computers at an auction. I plan to put my

    photos
    > on display in local business windows.

    use redhat, suse, or madrake linux and kuickshow for example...it is free,
    and even a teenager can figure out how to load it.

    Bob, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Gene Palmiter

    Boris Harss Guest

    Bob wrote:

    > use redhat, suse, or madrake linux and kuickshow for example...it is free,
    > and even a teenager can figure out how to load it.

    A good, cheap & legal solution. Maybe, if you are not one yourself, hire
    a teenager to install the computers for you... ;-))

    B.

    Boris Harss, Jul 11, 2004
  6. I said what I said....I will put slide shows in windows around town.

    Gene Palmiter, Jul 11, 2004
  7. Gene Palmiter

    Henrik2000 Guest

    As for IrfanView: It is absolutely free, and you can add music two,
    just drag MP3s into the file selection for the slideshow. You get an
    exe file, which makes it easy to create an autostart CD. It does not
    have transitions, and you cannot extract single images files. You
    cannot have individual viewing times for separate pics.
    Photoshop Album 2 creates a PDF slide show, and so does its free
    "Starter Edition" version. You can extract single pics (at least with
    Reader 6), and you can view them in reader as "pages", too.
    ThumbsPlus creates a simple, easy to handle exe show. A few
    transitions, no music and no individual times for different pics. Here
    single pics can be extracted as JPEGs, if desired in their original
    pixel size.
    If you want it flashy, yes, try the aforementioned Magix,
    alternatively Aquasoft Diashow XP - lots of great effects including
    lettering, but a confusing UI and not free.

    Henrik2000, Jul 11, 2004