Slide Shows to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tony Wood, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Tony Wood

    Tony Wood Guest

    Okay - the moon and Iraq are all very interesting, but what real people on
    this real earth need for true comfort and happiness is a software programme
    that allows you to easily put digital photos on to a DVD in slide show
    format.

    But wait, there's more:

    It has to have:

    Menus and sub-menus reachable from the main screen ( so that it's like a
    movie DVD - with chapters and scenes, where each scene is actually a set of
    slides)

    It also has to have the ability for each slide to have an individual
    voice-over and caption. (and the caption to be edited from within the
    programme)

    The project I have is a four week holiday, with about 20 photos for each
    day, so that if I want to zoom in on a particular day I can click on "Week
    Three", say, on the main menu, which will then bring up 7 frames, one for
    each day of the week.

    And because I want to send this overseas I want the show to be
    self-explanatory, hence the voice-overs and text-on-slide.

    I've looked at Sony's MyDVD, which is the closest to what I want, but
    doesn't allow titling; also Pinnacle Instant Photo Album, Ulead DVD Picture
    Show, and a few other shareware stuff, but nothing seems to have it all.

    Any suggestions? I'm just looking for some peace, man.

    Tony Wood
    Perth, Australia
    (Where the moon is upside down)
    Tony Wood, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Tony Wood

    Ross Guest

    "Tony Wood" <> wrote in message
    > Okay - the moon and Iraq are all very interesting, but what real people on
    > this real earth need for true comfort and happiness is a software

    programme
    > that allows you to easily put digital photos on to a DVD in slide show
    > format.
    >
    > But wait, there's more:
    >
    > It has to have:
    >
    > Menus and sub-menus reachable from the main screen ( so that it's like a
    > movie DVD - with chapters and scenes, where each scene is actually a set

    of
    > slides)
    >
    > It also has to have the ability for each slide to have an individual
    > voice-over and caption. (and the caption to be edited from within the
    > programme)
    >
    > The project I have is a four week holiday, with about 20 photos for each
    > day, so that if I want to zoom in on a particular day I can click on "Week
    > Three", say, on the main menu, which will then bring up 7 frames, one for
    > each day of the week.
    >
    > And because I want to send this overseas I want the show to be
    > self-explanatory, hence the voice-overs and text-on-slide.
    >
    > I've looked at Sony's MyDVD, which is the closest to what I want, but
    > doesn't allow titling; also Pinnacle Instant Photo Album, Ulead DVD

    Picture
    > Show, and a few other shareware stuff, but nothing seems to have it all.
    >
    > Any suggestions? I'm just looking for some peace, man.
    >
    > Tony Wood
    > Perth, Australia
    > (Where the moon is upside down)

    Hey, this is exactly what I want too!

    Ross A
    Mackay, Australia
    (Where its raining and I can't see the moon)
    Ross, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Tony Wood

    JIM Guest

    Roxio is the closest I can think of. Look in www.pacificdigital.com for
    their DVD Burner Bundle 3.3.

    Shoot'em up, make slide shows later, Agfa, Fuji, Kodak and all the rest will
    love you for it!!

    Jim

    JIM, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Tony Wood

    Willie Guest

    "Tony Wood" <> wrote:

    > Okay - the moon and Iraq are all very interesting, but what real people on
    > this real earth need for true comfort and happiness is a software programme
    > that allows you to easily put digital photos on to a DVD in slide show format.
    >
    > But wait, there's more:

    Try Pinnacle Studio
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=1501&Langue_ID=7

    It will all you want and more, you can even add video!!
    Willie, Apr 8, 2004
  5. "Tony Wood" <> wrote in message
    > Okay - the moon and Iraq are all very interesting, but what real people on
    > this real earth need for true comfort and happiness is a software

    programme
    > that allows you to easily put digital photos on to a DVD in slide show
    > format.
    >
    > But wait, there's more:
    >
    > It has to have:
    >
    > Menus and sub-menus reachable from the main screen ( so that it's like a
    > movie DVD - with chapters and scenes, where each scene is actually a set

    of
    > slides)
    >
    > It also has to have the ability for each slide to have an individual
    > voice-over and caption. (and the caption to be edited from within the
    > programme)
    >
    > The project I have is a four week holiday, with about 20 photos for each
    > day, so that if I want to zoom in on a particular day I can click on "Week
    > Three", say, on the main menu, which will then bring up 7 frames, one for
    > each day of the week.
    >
    > And because I want to send this overseas I want the show to be
    > self-explanatory, hence the voice-overs and text-on-slide.
    >
    > I've looked at Sony's MyDVD, which is the closest to what I want, but
    > doesn't allow titling; also Pinnacle Instant Photo Album, Ulead DVD Pict
    > Show, and a few other shareware stuff, but nothing seems to have it all.
    >
    > Any suggestions? I'm just looking for some peace, man.
    >
    > Tony Wood
    > Perth, Australia
    > (Where the moon is upside down)

    Download the free trial of Paint Shop Photo Shop from www.jasc.com. I know
    it has most of the features you want, and perhaps all. It makes vcd discs
    on CD burners, and they will play on most DVD players of recent vintage.
    Marvin Margoshes, Apr 8, 2004