    from digital vacation photos?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Esteban, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Esteban

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Esteban wrote:

    > Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
    > from digital vacation photos?
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

    yes.

    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
    Paul Heslop, Nov 15, 2006

  3. Esteban

    Esteban Guest

    "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > Esteban wrote:
    >>
    >> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
    >> from digital vacation photos?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Steve

    > yes

    Thanks for the response Paul. My friend wants to put his digital photo's on
    a DVD with music. Neither of us have had experience along these lines. He
    has a program called Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 ( suite ). They suggest
    using DVD+RW in case one wants to make a change.
    Does this make sense to you thus far? I am sure there will be more
    questions down the road.
    Steve
    Esteban, Nov 15, 2006
  4. Esteban

    Esteban Guest

    "Esteban" <> wrote in message

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    >> Esteban wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with
    >>> sound
    >>> from digital vacation photos?
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Steve

    >> yes

    > Thanks for the response Paul. My friend wants to put his digital photo's
    > on a DVD with music. Neither of us have had experience along these lines.
    > He has a program called Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 ( suite ). They
    > suggest using DVD+RW in case one wants to make a change.
    > Does this make sense to you thus far? I am sure there will be more
    > questions down the road.
    > Steve

    Paul, I forgot to ask you if one must format the DVD+RW before starting the
    project?
    Steve
    Esteban, Nov 15, 2006
  5. Esteban

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Esteban wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > Esteban wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
    > >> from digital vacation photos?
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Steve

    > > yes

    > Thanks for the response Paul. My friend wants to put his digital photo's on
    > a DVD with music. Neither of us have had experience along these lines. He
    > has a program called Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 ( suite ). They suggest
    > using DVD+RW in case one wants to make a change.
    > Does this make sense to you thus far? I am sure there will be more
    > questions down the road.
    > Steve

    I personally have only used Nero to burn a slideshow, and then just to
    cd-r not dvd. Using an RW disc is okay for personal use but if he is
    doing it for others, family etc, then he is wasting his time and
    discs. I suppose in that case he could create a master disc on an +RW
    and then copy that to +R discs which can be finalised for other folks.

    I haven't used any +RW discs but a bit of research says it looks like
    they do need to be formatted before first use.

    Paul Heslop, Nov 15, 2006
  6. Esteban

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Esteban" <> wrote in message

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    >> Esteban wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with
    >>> sound
    >>> from digital vacation photos?
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Steve

    >> yes

    > Thanks for the response Paul. My friend wants to put his digital
    > photo's on a DVD with music. Neither of us have had experience along
    > these lines. He has a program called Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 (
    > suite ). They suggest using DVD+RW in case one wants to make a
    > change.
    > Does this make sense to you thus far? I am sure there will be more
    > questions down the road.
    > Steve

    You might want to check out ProShow Gold from Photodex
    ( http://www.photodex.com ). A couple of quirks but in general a
    good product (I use it fairly often). Good text and motion
    effects and audio stuff is handled fairly well. You might also
    check out "memories on tv" http://www.codejam.com/ -- I
    have not used it but quite a number of people have and are
    happy with it.

    mikey
    Mike Fields, Nov 15, 2006
  7. Esteban

    Gordo Guest

    To try out making slide shows for free, try Microsoft's Photo Story 3,
    download from their web site.

    You first create an intermediate file, then convert it to .wmv movie file.
    Then use DVD software to copy it to a DVD, either -R or +R.
    I have not tried this yet on a DVD player for TV.

    To make changes, you must revise the intermediat (project) file and then
    re-render the .wmv file, so RWs really do not make much sense.

    Also, Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 and 5 also make slide shows. They call
    their intermediat file a creation. Both Elements and Photo Story 3 have the
    Pan and Zoom capability as well as being able to add music and narration.
    Also text.

    Pro Show Gold is a very good program just for creating slide shows and they
    have recently released a new version. It has more features than the above
    software.

    Gordo

    Gordo, Nov 15, 2006
  8. Esteban

    Marvin Guest

    Esteban wrote:
    > Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
    > from digital vacation photos?
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

    There have been many postings. You can use Google Groups to
    see what has already been written.
    Marvin, Nov 15, 2006
  9. Esteban

    david Guest

    "Esteban дµÀ£º
    "
    > Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
    > from digital vacation photos?
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

    maybe you can try the DVD Slideshow Builder which is easy to create a
    customized DVD slide

    show with photos and videos, and you can add music, transitions,
    motion effects and make

    beautiful DVD menus., i like it very much.

    you can get it here
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slideshow-builder.html

    Hope you will like it
    good luck