    Would be grateful if anyone can help.
    Cheers.
    Jim

    Jim, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Jim

    Scraggy Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > When I open a folder containing my JPG images, it gives me the option
    > to "View as a slide show".
    > I want to shorten the time that each slide appears on the screen to
    > about 8 seconds.
    > I'm sure that I once altered this timing but now can't find the way
    > to do it.
    > Running XP Home Edtn and SP2
    > Would be grateful if anyone can help.
    > Cheers.
    > Jim

    Jim,
    I think you are remembering altering the display time when you use the
    Screensave slide show. I don't think there is way of altering the stock
    slideshow without using third party sofware.

    HTH

    Haway the lads.

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Scraggy" <> wrote in message
    > Jim wrote:
    >> When I open a folder containing my JPG images, it gives me the option
    >> to "View as a slide show".
    >> I want to shorten the time that each slide appears on the screen to
    >> about 8 seconds.
    >> I'm sure that I once altered this timing but now can't find the way
    >> to do it.
    >> Running XP Home Edtn and SP2
    >> Would be grateful if anyone can help.
    >> Cheers.
    >> Jim

    > Jim,
    > I think you are remembering altering the display time when you use the
    > Screensave slide show. I don't think there is way of altering the stock
    > slideshow without using third party sofware.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Haway the lads.
    >
    > --
    > I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as
    > members. Groucho Marx

    Maybe I have got it wrong, although I have never used or even tried a screen
    saver slide show.
    Any way thank you for your comments. I'll have to have another think.
    Kind regards.
    Jim.

    Jim, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Jim

    B0B Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > When I open a folder containing my JPG images, it gives me the option to
    > "View as a slide show".
    > I want to shorten the time that each slide appears on the screen to about
    > 8 seconds.
    > I'm sure that I once altered this timing but now can't find the way to do
    > it.
    > Running XP Home Edtn and SP2
    > Would be grateful if anyone can help.
    > Cheers.
    > Jim

    Add a new DWORD key
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellImageView\Timeout
    and set the decimail value to 8000

    Cheers -- B0b

    B0B, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "B0B" <> wrote in message
    > "Jim" <> wrote in message
    >> When I open a folder containing my JPG images, it gives me the option to
    >> "View as a slide show".
    >> I want to shorten the time that each slide appears on the screen to about
    >> 8 seconds.
    >> I'm sure that I once altered this timing but now can't find the way to do
    >> it.
    >> Running XP Home Edtn and SP2
    >> Would be grateful if anyone can help.
    >> Cheers.
    >> Jim

    > Add a new DWORD key
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellImageView\Timeout
    > and set the decimail value to 8000
    >
    > Cheers -- B0b

    Thanks B0b. Now you are going to wonder how thick I am when I say how do I
    create this new DWORD key.
    Regards---Jim.

    Jim, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message

    > "B0B" <> wrote in message
    >> "Jim" <> wrote in message
    >>> When I open a folder containing my JPG images, it gives me the option to
    >>> "View as a slide show".
    >>> I want to shorten the time that each slide appears on the screen to
    >>> about 8 seconds.
    >>> I'm sure that I once altered this timing but now can't find the way to
    >>> do it.
    >>> Running XP Home Edtn and SP2
    >>> Would be grateful if anyone can help.
    >>> Cheers.
    >>> Jim

    >> Add a new DWORD key
    >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellImageView\Timeout
    >> and set the decimail value to 8000
    >>
    >> Cheers -- B0b

    > Thanks B0b. Now you are going to wonder how thick I am when I say how do I
    > create this new DWORD key.
    > Regards---Jim.

    B0b please ignore my last message.
    Found what you meant and it works perfect now.
    Thanks again.
    Jim.

    Jim, Jul 1, 2005