    slide loader) they would care to share?

    Thanks!

    Eric

    Eric, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Eric

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    (Eric) wrote:

    > I have been scanning 35mm slides on a flatbed Epson scanner with
    > reasonably good results. Now I have a project that requires scanning
    > a very large number of 35mm slides (mostly in cardboard mounts) so I
    > am looking for film scanners that have some form of bulk
    > have seen so far is the Nikon Coolscan 4000 ED with the optional slide
    > feeder which will handle 50 slides in a batch.
    >
    > Is anyone aware of any other film scanners that have a slide
    >
    > Does anyone have experience with the 4000 ED (especially using the
    > slide loader) they would care to share?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Eric

    The Braun SlideScan 3200 uses straight or round slide trays to hold up
    to 100 glass, glassless, plastic or cardboard 2x2" slides in any
    combination. It automatically adjusts for different mount types. You can
    scan one slide, an individual slide, a group of slides or an entire tray
    of up to 100 slide fully automatically. Pre scan time is 15 secs, full
    res time is 90 secs. Uses USB and Firewire, shipped with cables and
    Photoshop Elements 2.0 and driver software. Retail price about 1,300.00.
    optical resolution 3,200 x 3,200 dpi.
    Available after next week and will be sold by camera stores.

    --
    HP Marketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Bob:

    That sounds like the kind of unit that might fit the bill. Do you
    know where I can get some detailed information on it? My searches
    using Google and Yahoo are yielding nothing.

    I would like something where I can set up fairly large batches to run
    automatically since I know they will take a while. I figure I can do
    at least two batches a day - set one up to run before I leave for work
    and set another one up to run overnight. If I could average 200 per
    day it would only take me a little more than a couple of months . . .

    Eric

    Eric, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Eric

    Bob Salomon Guest

    http://www.braun-phototechnik.de/English.htm

    --
    HP Marketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Eric, Jul 25, 2003
  6. Eric

    Bob Salomon Guest

    Bob Salomon, Jul 26, 2003
  7. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Bob:

    Not doubting that - but there is a stunning resemblance. If you
    quickly flip between http://www.scanace.com/en/product/ps3600.php
    and http://www.braun-phototechnik.de/E/Products/scanner/scanner.htm
    it's hard to not see the incredible similarity.

    Is it possible that Braun is the OEM for Pacific Image? I can't wait
    for somebody to review these two and get inside them to see if the
    similarity is only skin deep . . . or deeper.

    Eric, Jul 26, 2003
  8. Eric, This website,
    http://www.nbc4.com/technology/1871974/detail.html
    notes that "...the PowerSlide 3600 was originally designed for the
    German market...", so you might be right.

    Chris

    Chris Schomaker, Aug 15, 2003
  9. Eric

    markjl

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Braun similar to Reflecta

    Similar comment; the Braun seems similar also to the Reflecta DigitDia 5000

    markjl, Jan 7, 2009