  1. I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
    transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
    typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency slides at?
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Mar 21, 2008

  2. Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    ray Guest

    On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 07:10:54 -0700, Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote:

    > I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
    > transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
    > typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency slides at?

    Ask them.
    ray, Mar 21, 2008

  3. In article <>, ray <>
    wrote:

    > On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 07:10:54 -0700, Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote:
    >
    > > I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
    > > transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
    > > typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency slides at?

    > Ask them.

    Minimum 300x300.

    --
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing
    good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good

    Steven Weinberg
    Ockham's Razor, Mar 21, 2008
  4. Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Bob Williams Guest

    Ockham's Razor wrote:
    > In article <>, ray <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 07:10:54 -0700, Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote:
    >>
    >>> I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
    >>> transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
    >>> typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency slides at?

    >> Ask them.

    > Minimum 300x300.

    300 ppi resolution on a slide would be totally unacceptable for viewing.
    That's OK for printing, but a slide is likely to be blown up 30, 40, 50
    times. I would consider 3-4,000 ppi to be a more reasonable figure.
    A good consumer film scanner will output 4K ppi.
    A drum scanner will do even better.
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, Mar 21, 2008
  5. In article <6XTEj.23263$>,
    Bob Williams <> wrote:

    > Ockham's Razor wrote:
    > > In article <>, ray <>
    > > wrote:

    > >> Ask them.

    > > Minimum 300x300.

    > 300 ppi resolution on a slide would be totally unacceptable for viewing.
    > That's OK for printing, but a slide is likely to be blown up 30, 40, 50
    > times. I would consider 3-4,000 ppi to be a more reasonable figure.
    > A good consumer film scanner will output 4K ppi.
    > A drum scanner will do even better.
    > Bob Williams

    Correct, I mis-read thinking he was digitizing slides.

    Ockham's Razor, Mar 21, 2008