  1. I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
    transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
    typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency slides at?
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Mar 21, 2008

  2. Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Roy G Guest

    "Don Stauffer in Minnesota" <> wrote in message
    >I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
    > transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
    > typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency slides at?

    Hi.

    You need to ask, but below is a quote from Cavendish in the UK

    "The film writer exposes the 35mm film at a resolution of 8192 x 5460 pixels
    (44.7 megapixels) at a colour bit depth of 36 bits (12 bits per colour).
    Medium format film is exposed at a resolution of 8192 x 6702 pixels
    (equivalent to a 55 megapixel camera) for 6x7cm images, 6702 x 6702 pixels
    for 6x6cm images and 6702 x 5309 for 6x4.5cm images."

    I have no doubt labs in the US will do at least as well.

    Hope this is of some help.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Mar 22, 2008

  3. On Mar 21, 9:48 pm, "Roy G" <> wrote:
    > "Don Stauffer in Minnesota" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >
    > >I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
    > > transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
    > > typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency slides at?

    > Hi.
    >
    > You need to ask, but below is a quote from Cavendish in the UK
    >
    > "The film writer exposes the 35mm film at a resolution of 8192 x 5460 pixels
    > (44.7 megapixels) at a colour bit depth of 36 bits (12 bits per colour).
    > Medium format film is exposed at a resolution of 8192 x 6702 pixels
    > (equivalent to a 55 megapixel camera) for 6x7cm images, 6702 x 6702 pixels
    > for 6x6cm images and 6702 x 5309 for 6x4.5cm images."
    >
    > I have no doubt labs in the US will do at least as well.
    >
    > Hope this is of some help.
    >
    > Roy G

    Wow, boy that is certainly adequate. I guess I should only consider
    those places that make that info available.
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Mar 22, 2008