    If anybody knows of one please provide the details and also where it can be
    bought from.

    Many thanks.

    rovereab, Apr 11, 2004

  2. rovereab

    JMooreTS Guest

    >Is there a device available for the home environment that can copy colour
    >slides and colour negatives straight to a PC?

    Yes. The equipment is called a slide scanner (and, yes, it does both slides
    and negatives . . . color and BW). Costs range from about $200 to $2,000.
    What you get for the higher price is generally the ability to scan in more
    detail.

    Minolta and Nikon make popular models at several different price points. There
    are others.

    Flatbed scanners also can copy slides and negatives, although the quality is
    moderately less than a scanner dedicated solely to slides and negs. In case
    you're wondering, a flatbed is a scanner used to scan photos already printed.
    If you have both the print and the neg, the neg will give you the better scan.

    Flatbeds can range in price from $50 to $400 (or, even more or even less ).
    You tend to get what you pay for in quality.

    Google "film scanner" or "flatbed scanner". You'll see lots of good articles,
    web sites and shopping sites.

    John Moore

    JMooreTS, Apr 11, 2004

  3. rovereab

    rovereab Guest

    Thanks John

    rovereab, Apr 11, 2004
  4. In article <c5b9oa$vad$>,
    says...
    > Is there a device available for the home environment that can copy colour
    > slides and colour negatives straight to a PC?
    >
    > If anybody knows of one please provide the details and also where it can be
    > bought from.

    I recently bought a Minolta DiMage Scan Dual IV from
    b&hphotovideo.com and have been very satisfied with it for both slides
    and negatives.

    William Mutch, Apr 12, 2004