    of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide so a picture can
    be taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get one to fit my Minolta z1?
    Regards Van
    Van, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Van

    stewy Guest

    "Van" <> wrote in message
    news:tssec.32082$Y%9.net...
    > I have a lot of colour tranparencies that I want to digitise. I was

    thinking
    > of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide so a picture can
    > be taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get one to fit my Minolta

    z1?

    It would depend on you camera being able to focus that close. also you need
    to take care about the light sourse and intensity. You could try and make
    one yourself from a hand-held slide viewer
    stewy, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Van

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    stewy wrote:
    > "Van" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a lot of colour tranparencies that I want to digitise. I was

    > thinking
    >
    >>of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide so a picture can
    >>be taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get one to fit my Minolta

    > z1?
    >
    > It would depend on you camera being able to focus that close. also you need
    > to take care about the light sourse and intensity. You could try and make
    > one yourself from a hand-held slide viewer

    Tried that back in the early experiment stages a coupla
    years ago... mostly 'cause my then camera wouldn't focus
    very close.

    Problem is that the lens (magnifying glass) in the slide
    viewer is terrible, terrible, terrible.

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Van

    Markus L Guest

    Markus L, Apr 13, 2004
  5. Van

    Willie Guest

    "Van" <> wrote:

    > I have a lot of colour tranparencies that I want to digitise. I was thinking
    > of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide so a picture can be
    > taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get one to fit my Minolta z1?
    > Regards Van

    Have a look at
    http://www.willie.dsl.pipex.com/pages/slides.htm

    I managed to digitise over 3000 slides in a few weeks (minus processing!!)
    Willie, Apr 13, 2004
  6. Van

    stewy Guest

    "Ken Weitzel" <> wrote in message

    > stewy wrote:
    > > "Van" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I have a lot of colour tranparencies that I want to digitise. I was

    > > thinking
    > >
    > >>of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide so a picture

    can
    > >>be taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get one to fit my Minolta

    > > z1?
    > >
    > > It would depend on you camera being able to focus that close. also you

    need
    > > to take care about the light sourse and intensity. You could try and

    make
    > > one yourself from a hand-held slide viewer
    > >

    > Tried that back in the early experiment stages a coupla
    > years ago... mostly 'cause my then camera wouldn't focus
    > very close.
    >
    > Problem is that the lens (magnifying glass) in the slide
    > viewer is terrible, terrible, terrible.
    >
    >The viewer is simply to hold the slide flat. Remove the lens and let the

    camera optics do the work
    stewy, Apr 16, 2004