    Anyone use anything like this that can drop me a link? :)

    By the way, just for the clarification, I'm NOT looking for a toolbar for my
    browser - thanks :)
    gigajosh, Sep 30, 2004

  2. gigajosh

    samuel Guest

    "gigajosh" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi, I'm looking for a desktop toolbar for (Win2000) that I can
    > stick on the side of the screen and use to manage my desktop icons
    > better, instead of actually having them on the desktop.
    >
    > I want to be able to sort my icons into separate drop-down menus.
    > So it would be just like I had lots of Start menus actually, but
    > each with its own name... and as a separatew toolbar so I can drag
    > it to the side.
    >
    > Anyone use anything like this that can drop me a link? :)
    >
    > By the way, just for the clarification, I'm NOT looking for a
    > toolbar for my browser - thanks :)

    snapfiles.com
    go to system utilities and
    application launchers
    samuel, Sep 30, 2004

  3. gigajosh

    °Mike° Guest

    Something like Chameleon Launcher?
    http://www.handyarchive.com/images/scr/9921.jpg

    Some direct download links:
    http://winsite.planetmirror.com/winxp/dskutil/ChameleonLauncher15.zip
    ftp://ftp.univie.ac.at/mirror/WinSite/winxp/dskutil/ChameleonLauncher15.zip
    ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/www.winsite.com/winxp/dskutil/ChameleonLauncher15.zip
    ftp://ftp.agt.net/pub/winsite/winxp/dskutil/ChameleonLauncher15.zip

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:31:30 +0200, in
    <>
    gigajosh scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2004
  4. gigajosh

    gigajosh Guest

    I'm having nightmares with mfc70.dll... otherwise looks good (screenshots)

    I've downloaded a version of the dll, but it won't work - know where I can
    get a good version of this dll ?

    Can't say I like this kind of thing though.. I mean utils that require going
    and finding a separate dll file. For me this makes it not really
    compatiblewith Win2k. Only partly compatible :)

    gigajosh, Sep 30, 2004
  5. gigajosh

    gigajosh Guest

    thanks...

    you got a personal favorite?

    gigajosh, Sep 30, 2004
  6. gigajosh

    °Mike° Guest

    What KIND of nightmares, exactly?

    That file is a Microsoft Foundation Class library, used
    by applications made in Visual C++ .

    On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 00:41:52 +0200, in
    <>
    gigajosh scrawled:

    >I'm having nightmares with mfc70.dll... otherwise looks good (screenshots)
    >
    >I've downloaded a version of the dll, but it won't work - know where I can
    >get a good version of this dll ?
    >
    >Can't say I like this kind of thing though.. I mean utils that require going
    >and finding a separate dll file. For me this makes it not really
    >compatiblewith Win2k. Only partly compatible :)

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 1, 2004
  7. gigajosh

    Dan Glybitz Guest

    "gigajosh" <> wrote in message
    > thanks...
    >
    > you got a personal favorite?

    I have been using Advanced Launcher for a few years now. Snapfiles has a
    link to it. I liked it so much that I registered it for $19 I think? I'm
    sure there are plenty of freeware toolbars out there but I haven't seen one
    I like as much as Advanced Launcher. You can always use it without
    registering, it's fully functional, but you get a splash screen/dialog
    everytime you start it.

    HTH,

    DG.
    Dan Glybitz, Oct 1, 2004