    Tyan K8E - SLI motherboard
    and a bunch of extra stuff just to make it look good.
    No OS and monitor.
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FtdWVs?=, Dec 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtdWVs?=

    Martijn Saly Guest

    Samuel wrote:
    > I'm getting the parts for a new build and wonder if anyone has had any
    > problems with SLI cards.
    > I have currently
    > (2) SATA - II
    > 2 Gigs of RAM
    > 64 X2 4200+
    > (2) Nvidia 7800GT - SLI
    > Tyan K8E - SLI motherboard

    Don't know about the motherboard, because I've had bad luck with Tyan (Dual
    Athlon MP board... long story). Why not pick that one from Gigabyte? They've
    got an SLI board with the chipset cooled passively (not that you'll hear any
    difference with two blazing 7800's, but it looks that much more
    professional). For the rest it seems pretty good.

    > and a bunch of extra stuff just to make it look good.
    > No OS and monitor.

    Of course, it all depends on the OS whether your configuration will work. If
    you were thinking about Linux, I can't help you. Windows XP x64 should work
    without much problems. nVidia releases x64 drivers almost at the same day as
    their 32 bit siblings. And games usually support x64 (not that they should,
    but some (older?) games won't work on x64, usually due to the incompetence
    (32-bit drivers for copyprotection and such) of the developers/publishers).

    --
    Thanks,

    Martijn Saly
    Martijn Saly, Dec 26, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtdWVs?=

    Chris Cook Guest

    SLi working fine here..using the A8N32-SLi by Asus..dual 16 speed channels!!
    Regards
    Tyke

    Chris Cook, Dec 26, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtdWVs?=

    John John Guest

    What went wrong with the Tyan board? (SLI asides).

    John

    John John, Dec 26, 2005
  5. John,

    I have yet to get an OS for the machine so as of right now I have no
    problems. I'm just asking if anyone had any problems like it is not working
    with the Windows 64bit, if so I was going to install Windows 32bit on the
    machineand wait little while longer before moving to Windows 64bit.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FtdWVs?=, Dec 27, 2005
  6. I am running a GeForce 6800 GT on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe board without
    issues. I am not running dual cards under SLI, however.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 27, 2005
  7. So I take it you can run 32 bit OS on a 64bit system? I am building a system,
    but since there are not many 64bit drivers available, I am going with 32bit
    for now. I have an ASUS P5N32-SLI mobo since it has dual X16 PCI-e for a
    total of 32 bit and will have 2 7800gt vid cards. Should have it together
    this week and will let you know if I have any problems.
    TJ

    =?Utf-8?B?VEogUGVwcGVy?=, Dec 28, 2005
  8. Yes, you can run x86 operating systems on an x64 boxes. A lot of users in
    this ng dual boot x86 and x64.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 28, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtdWVs?=

    David Guest

    I've had no problems getting SLI running on x64. Just make sure you grab
    the latest drivers from NVidia's website.

    David, Feb 23, 2006