    the added material will come at a later date.

    Charles
    nzvideos.org

    Charles Eggen, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Charles Eggen

    KING B MAN Guest

    KING B MAN, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Charles Eggen

    flyinyereye Guest

    "Charles Eggen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The two early New Zealand films of director Roger Donaldson, SLEEPING
    > DOGS and SMASH PALACE are now available on DVD. Anchor Bay
    > Entertainment has released a two disc set containing these two films
    > with restored widescreen, enhanced for 16x9, image and restored Dolby
    > digital 5.1 surround sound.

    Good stuff. I see Goodbye Pork Pie is available in the UK, abeit in 4:3
    fullscreen.

    I'd like to get that, plus The Scarecrow, Ruby & Rata and User Friendly if
    and when they ever get released.

    flyinyereye, Jun 26, 2004
  4. On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:07:23 +1000, "flyinyereye" <>
    wrote:

    >"Charles Eggen" <> wrote in message
    >> The two early New Zealand films of director Roger Donaldson, SLEEPING
    >> DOGS and SMASH PALACE are now available on DVD. Anchor Bay
    >> Entertainment has released a two disc set containing these two films
    >> with restored widescreen, enhanced for 16x9, image and restored Dolby
    >> digital 5.1 surround sound.

    >Good stuff. I see Goodbye Pork Pie is available in the UK, abeit in 4:3
    >fullscreen.
    >
    >I'd like to get that, plus The Scarecrow, Ruby & Rata and User Friendly if
    >and when they ever get released.

    All three of those films are available, but so far only on PAL/VHS
    (except for Scarecrow which can be found on used NTSC/VHS as well).
    New PAL/VHS copies can be purchased from:
    http://www.avovideo.co.nz/

    Charles

    Charles Eggen, Jun 26, 2004
  5. Charles Eggen

    > On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:07:23 +1000, "flyinyereye" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Charles Eggen" <> wrote in message
    > >> The two early New Zealand films of director Roger Donaldson, SLEEPING
    > >> DOGS and SMASH PALACE are now available on DVD. Anchor Bay
    > >> Entertainment has released a two disc set containing these two films
    > >> with restored widescreen, enhanced for 16x9, image and restored Dolby
    > >> digital 5.1 surround sound.

    > >Good stuff. I see Goodbye Pork Pie is available in the UK, abeit in 4:3
    > >fullscreen.
    > >
    > >I'd like to get that, plus The Scarecrow, Ruby & Rata and User Friendly

    if
    > >and when they ever get released.
    > >

    > All three of those films are available, but so far only on PAL/VHS
    > (except for Scarecrow which can be found on used NTSC/VHS as well).
    > New PAL/VHS copies can be purchased from:
    > http://www.avovideo.co.nz/

    Thanks, pity I don't have a VCR any more then, which is why I'm waiting for
    DVDs which may never eventuate.

    BTW that website wouldn't come up.

    flyinyereye, Jun 27, 2004
  6. Charles Eggen

    Apteryx Guest

    I'm guessing it should be http://www.arovideo.co.nz/

    --
    Apteryx
    Treat anger like gold. Spend it wisely or not at all.

    Apteryx, Jun 27, 2004
  7. Charles Eggen

    flyinyereye Guest

    "Apteryx" <> wrote in message
    > "flyinyereye" <> wrote in message
    > > "Charles Eggen" <> wrote in message
    > > > New PAL/VHS copies can be purchased from:
    > > > http://www.avovideo.co.nz/

    > > BTW that website wouldn't come up.

    > I'm guessing it should be http://www.arovideo.co.nz/

    Cheers

    flyinyereye, Jun 27, 2004
  8. On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:10:12 +1000, "flyinyereye" <>
    wrote:

    >"Apteryx" <> wrote in message
    >> "flyinyereye" <> wrote in message

    >> > BTW that website wouldn't come up.

    >> I'm guessing it should be http://www.arovideo.co.nz/

    >Cheers

    Yes, my stupid finger hit the v instead of r. That's my excuse and I'm
    sticking to it.

    Charles

    Charles Eggen, Jun 27, 2004