sleep mode

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Incognito®©$, Feb 26, 2005.

  1. have you tried turning the power off by using the power button? i find
    that works most times. then just turn it on, let it boot and when you get
    into the o.s. again turn off sleep mode and run the virus scanner again.
    what could go wrong?

    belto, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Incognito®©$

    jda^fx Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:02:55 GMT, "belto" <>
    wrote:

    >I am attempting to remove a virus on a friends IBM Thinkpad T20.
    >I put it into a scan and left it for a while. When I returned it had moved
    >into sleep mode.
    >Try as I may, pressing all combinations of keys including F4, I cannot
    >awaken it.
    >It has now been left on for 12 hrs hoping to run down the battery but with
    >only minimum draw on the battery, I think it will take hours more .
    >Any suggestions or sources of help would be most appreciated

    Have you tried to just take the batteri out. And then, when you go on
    your next scan remember to set the powersettings to not turn off or go
    into sleep mode

    --
    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Incognito®©$

    Jerry G. Guest

    Go in to the power setup utility for the model of laptop you have, and
    disable the sleep mode.

    Scanner type programs should be used in the safe mode. After it finds
    things, some of them may not be able to be removed, unless the operating
    system is in the safe mode.

    If the machine is very infested, it would be best to save the user files,
    and re-install the complete operating system.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Feb 26, 2005