Sleep being the default Shutdown setting

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Mike Douglas, Nov 28, 2007.

  1. Mike Douglas

    Mike Douglas Guest

    I am running Windows Vista 64 Bit clean install. I noticed that when I click
    Start> Shutdown the SLEEP is always the default. Even if I previously choose
    shutdown or restart. I have also noticed this on a Vista Home Basic 32 bit
    version. I have played with the power adjustment settings and schemes. No
    luck. Where can I tell Vista to display the previous shutdown command like
    XP/Win2k does?

    Mike D

    Mike Douglas, Nov 28, 2007

  2. So far as I know, you can't. Do I like it? No. But I now do all my shutdowns
    via command line anyway, so it's a whole lot less of an issue. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 29, 2007

  3. Mike Douglas

    Bill Patten Guest

    Hi Mike

    I don't know how to do the previous shut down thing, but you can change it
    to your preferred setting.
    From my notes:
    5/25/2007
    The Vista default for shut down is sleep to change this open control panel
    select power
    then on the select your preferred plan 'change plan settings'.
    Select change advanced power settings then
    Click the Plus in front of Power Buttons and lid then the plus
    in front of Start Menu Power button and change to shut down.

    HTH

    Bill

    Bill Patten, Nov 29, 2007
  4. Mike Douglas

    Mike Douglas Guest

    Sweet! I will try this tonight and reply tomorrow with status. Thanks!

    Mike Douglas, Nov 29, 2007