    PCI card that is.

    --
    grumpy

    grumpyoldhori, Oct 27, 2007

  2. grumpyoldhori

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:22:06 +1300
    grumpyoldhori <> wrote:

    > Ok, I give up, I downloaded the RT2500 drivers, chewed my
    > way through the command line to set them up.
    >
    > Now, damnit YAST has the card and sets it up, but the card
    > will not associate with the access point.
    >
    > Can someone tell me what G card is set up without a battle?
    > PCI card that is.

    Hi
    Is it s 64-bit machine? I use an access bridge WET54G on
    this one. I did try some 64bit rt2500 drivers but couldn't get WPA to
    work.

    If not my Toshiba runs an intel card which uses the ipw2200 driver and
    works fine. Else atheros chip and madwifi is probably the way to go.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    up 1 day 0:50, 1 user, load average: 0.15, 0.17, 0.10

    Malcolm, Oct 28, 2007

  3. Malcolm wrote:

    > Hi
    > Is it s 64-bit machine? I use an access bridge WET54G on
    > this one. I did try some 64bit rt2500 drivers but couldn't get WPA to
    > work.

    Thanks Malcolm, no it is a 32 bit machine the card is set up
    in YAST but when using KwifiManager it can see the access point
    but it gives a message, invalid wep key specification.

    Wep is turned off in both the access point and the card.

    Other than the wireless SLED is great, got all my programs
    VLC etc loaded .
    --
    grumpy

    grumpyoldhori, Oct 28, 2007
  4. In message <fg0dj5$bag$>, grumpyoldhori wrote:

    > Now, damnit YAST has the card and sets it up, but the card
    > will not associate with the access point.

    Any messages in your logs at all?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 28, 2007
  5. grumpyoldhori

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:33:26 +1300
    grumpyoldhori <> wrote:

    > Malcolm wrote:
    >

    > > Hi
    > > Is it s 64-bit machine? I use an access bridge WET54G on
    > > this one. I did try some 64bit rt2500 drivers but couldn't get WPA
    > > to work.
    > >

    > Thanks Malcolm, no it is a 32 bit machine the card is set up
    > in YAST but when using KwifiManager it can see the access point
    > but it gives a message, invalid wep key specification.
    >
    > Wep is turned off in both the access point and the card.
    >
    > Other than the wireless SLED is great, got all my programs
    > VLC etc loaded .

    What about iwlist <interface> list do you see your access point. Have
    you tried to enter the commands held by the config with iwconfig eg

    iwconfig <interface> essid your_ap_name

    Have a look at man iwconfig and of course any log messages.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    up 1 day 2:30, 1 user, load average: 0.11, 0.06, 0.02

    Malcolm, Oct 28, 2007
  6. grumpyoldhori

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 20:12:14 -0500
    Malcolm <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:33:26 +1300
    > grumpyoldhori <> wrote:
    >
    > > Malcolm wrote:
    > >

    > > > Hi
    > > > Is it s 64-bit machine? I use an access bridge WET54G on
    > > > this one. I did try some 64bit rt2500 drivers but couldn't get WPA
    > > > to work.
    > > >

    > > Thanks Malcolm, no it is a 32 bit machine the card is set up
    > > in YAST but when using KwifiManager it can see the access point
    > > but it gives a message, invalid wep key specification.
    > >
    > > Wep is turned off in both the access point and the card.
    > >
    > > Other than the wireless SLED is great, got all my programs
    > > VLC etc loaded .

    > What about iwlist <interface> list do you see your access point. Have
    > you tried to enter the commands held by the config with iwconfig eg
    >
    > iwconfig <interface> essid your_ap_name
    >
    > Have a look at man iwconfig and of course any log messages.

    Oops, that should be iwlist <interface> scan. I have about 3 other
    wireless networks around here, so also ensure your at least 2 channels
    away from any that may be in your area.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    up 1 day 3:08, 2 users, load average: 0.12, 0.09, 0.05

    Malcolm, Oct 28, 2007
  7. Malcolm wrote:

    > Have a look at man iwconfig and of course any log messages.

    Thanks Malcolm, I will get my head down reading the wireless
    tools manual.
    --
    grumpy

    grumpyoldhori, Oct 28, 2007