    runing except my Modem. The only thing I can think of to do is to go to
    MSCONFIG and uncheck everything under the start up tab. I haven't tried
    this yet but I was wondering if anyone has a better way of doing this???
    Chuck Sorensen, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Chuck Sorensen

    Patrick Guest

    Chuck Sorensen wrote:
    > I am trying to format my 3.2 GB slave harddrive. When I right click
    > on the drive and hit format, I get a message that some program is
    > using the drive and must closed then try again. I tried Ctr,Alt Del
    > and I have nothing runing except my Modem. The only thing I can think
    > of to do is to go to MSCONFIG and uncheck everything under the start
    > up tab. I haven't tried this yet but I was wondering if anyone has a
    > better way of doing this???

    On XPHE I have on a supposedly empty 'F' drive;
    "F:\AVG6DB_F.DAT" presumeably AntiVirusGrisoft (perhaps turn off)
    "F:\Recycled\" dont know offhand how to turn this off (perhaps try
    clearing Recycle Bin)!

    I have 'System Restore' turned off on said 'F'-drive, might be files thiere
    concerning, if it was turned on.
    Patrick, Feb 14, 2004

  3. Chuck Sorensen

    °Mike° Guest

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:19:34 GMT, in
    <GbbXb.16672$>
    Chuck Sorensen scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 14, 2004
  4. Chuck Sorensen

    Professor Guest

    If you are not using XP use a boot disk and format the drive from DOS
    running fdisk first. If you are using XP you might try disconnecting the
    drive that has xp and booting to either a boot disk or a bootable cd which
    can format it.

    Professor, Feb 26, 2004