  1. How do I transfer the needed files to make my Slave a
    Master so that I can use it in another computer as a
    Master?
    Dennis Richards, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Dennis Richards

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Dennis Richards" <> wrote in message
    news:6b0d01c47586$3f2fa110$...
    > How do I transfer the needed files to make my Slave a
    > Master so that I can use it in another computer as a
    > Master?

    Transferring files is not required. The difference between master and slave
    lies in the position of the jumpers on the back of the drive. Your drive
    should have come with a manual or some kind of documentation that displays
    positions of the jumper(s?) when in Master, Slave, or CS positions. You'll
    be able to take it out of your computer as a slave, move the jumpers, and
    toss it in the new computer as a master, no problem. Of course, this doesn't
    mean you'll be able to boot from it - that's another story. But it will be a
    master. Google will help you with that.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 29, 2004