    Stephen

    --

    Lift share day 14th June www.liftshare.org

    Stephen Hammond, Nov 9, 2007

  2. Stephen Hammond

    Chris Davies Guest

    Stephen Hammond <> wrote:
    > How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
    > mobiles Skype phone ?

    You could always go and look at Skype's website and find out the cost
    yourself.

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Nov 9, 2007

  3. Stephen Hammond

    Phil Guest

    "Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message
    > How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
    > mobiles Skype phone ?
    >
    > Stephen

    Skype in and Skype out don't work with Three, they restrict you to
    phoning/messaging other Skype users. It may be possible if you use some
    third party software but I don't know for sure.

    Phil, Nov 9, 2007
  4. Stephen Hammond

    Simon Guest

    On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:13:46 -0000, "Phil" <>
    wrote:

    >"Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message
    >> How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
    >> mobiles Skype phone ?
    >>
    >> Stephen
    >>

    >Skype in and Skype out don't work with Three, they restrict you to
    >phoning/messaging other Skype users. It may be possible if you use some
    >third party software but I don't know for sure.

    Seems to work with Fring on a Windows Mobile 6 mobile with a 3 SIM,
    but I tried with the skypephone and it doesn't recognise that a call
    was being made through the SkypeIn number.

    Simon, Nov 9, 2007
  5. Stephen Hammond

    alexd Guest

    Stephen Hammond wrote:

    > How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
    > mobiles Skype phone ?

    Rumour has it that Three make a lot of their money from call termination
    fees to their mobile numbers. I'm not sure how true this is, but if it is
    true, I can't see them wanting to jeopardise this stream of revenue by
    letting their customers have mobile numbers that cost a reasonable amount
    of money to call.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    15:41:23 up 7 days, 8:26, 2 users, load average: 0.14, 0.23, 0.20

    alexd, Nov 9, 2007
  6. Stephen Hammond

    n.a. Guest

    No, the skype-in does not work with the three phone x-series. If you read
    the small print on threes web site.

    I have three with a N95 and normal skype works great, but have the unlimited
    (well sort of) £5 internet package.

    NA

    n.a., Nov 9, 2007
  7. Stephen Hammond

    Soruk Guest

    On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:13:46 -0000, Phil <> wrote:
    >"Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message
    >> How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
    >> mobiles Skype phone ?
    >>
    >> Stephen
    >>

    >Skype in and Skype out don't work with Three, they restrict you to
    >phoning/messaging other Skype users. It may be possible if you use some
    >third party software but I don't know for sure.

    If you can receive calls forwarded from another Skype user, get yourself a
    second (computer-based) Skype account, put the Skype-In number on that,
    and set up call forwarding when offline, pointing to the Skype username
    you're using on the Three phone.

    Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email

    Soruk, Nov 11, 2007