    and control panel, but it still insists on playing through the handset till
    I unplug it. I also have a webcam with mic i can use as an option, but a
    phone call just feels more like a phone call using a handset! Cheers
    Tony in Oz, Oct 11, 2008

  2. Tony in Oz

    Adam Guest

    Tony in Oz wrote:

    > Have been using skype for PC to PC calls, but have gone and put some
    > credit into it so I can call landlines as well. Works out really good,
    > about 2.7 cents per min for calls to NZ, of which we do a lot. But what
    > happens is when I plug my DSE skype phone into my PC, skype uses it for a
    > speaker, which is good when using skype, but not so good when I finish my
    > call, and put winamp on, and the music plays through my hand set. The only
    > way I have found of fixing it, is to unplug the handset, which I would
    > rather not have
    > to do. I have the latest version of Skype, win XPpro. Anyone know if I'm
    > doing something wrong? Yes I've tried resetting everything in skype
    > options and control panel, but it still insists on playing through the
    > handset till
    > I unplug it. I also have a webcam with mic i can use as an option, but a
    > phone call just feels more like a phone call using a handset! Cheers

    Get onto DSE to enquire with their supplier. Don't email them, as
    it'll probably get fobbed off, but write a letter.
    Adam, Oct 11, 2008

  3. Tony in Oz

    Tony in Oz Guest

    "PeeCee" <abuse@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > "Tony in Oz" <> wrote in message
    >> Have been using skype for PC to PC calls, but have gone and put some
    >> credit into it so I can call landlines as well. Works out really good,
    >> about 2.7 cents per min for calls to NZ, of which we do a lot. But what
    >> happens is when I plug my DSE skype phone into my PC, skype uses it for a
    >> speaker, which is good when using skype, but not so good when I finish my
    >> call, and put winamp on, and the music plays through my hand set. The
    >> only way I have found of fixing it, is to unplug the handset, which I
    >> would rather not have to do. I have the latest version of Skype, win
    >> XPpro. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong? Yes I've tried resetting
    >> everything in skype options and control panel, but it still insists on
    >> playing through the handset till I unplug it. I also have a webcam with
    >> mic i can use as an option, but a phone call just feels more like a phone
    >> call using a handset! Cheers
    >>

    > Look in Skype for the setting which allows Skype to manage your sound
    > settings and disable it.
    > Then go into Skype's settings and Control Panel / Sound settings and
    > manage your outputs to your wants.
    >
    > I wish you luck as a lot of modern sound systems sense when devices are
    > plugged in and override what you put in.
    > i.e. it can be a nightmare.
    >
    > Mind you I wouldn't have thought pulling the Skype phone lead out a very
    > onerous task.
    >
    > Best
    > Paul.
    >
    > -- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to
    > --

    Yeah, Thanks, Adam thingy and Paul. It seems to be ok now, but I don't
    know what I did to fix it. I hate fixes like that, because you don't really
    know what caused it, and if it happens again, you still don't know how to
    fix it. Your right Paul, its not a biggie to pull the plug when finished
    with a call, but it just not how it should be if you know what I mean. I'll
    see if it continues behaving itself. Cheers Tony
    Tony in Oz, Oct 12, 2008