    doesn't need a centre dedecated sever to authenticate accounts. if
    not ? then who is in charger of the authentication.? and where is the
    password and account information stored?
    renua, Feb 2, 2006

  2. renua

    nemo_outis Guest

    "renua" <> wrote in news:1138854751.560878.144570
    @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > can someone tell me how skype works? because they claim that the skype
    > works in the decentralized way. peer to peer . does that mean it
    > doesn't need a centre dedecated sever to authenticate accounts. if
    > not ? then who is in charger of the authentication.? and where is the
    > password and account information stored?

    See:

    An Analysis of the Skype Peer-to-Peer Internet Telephony Protocol
    http://arxiv.org/ftp/cs/papers/0412/0412017.pdf

    and, while not at arm's length:

    Skype Security Evaluation
    http://www.skype.com/security/files/2005-031 security evaluation.pdf

    Regards,
    nemo_outis, Feb 2, 2006

  3. renua

    Donnie Guest

    "renua" <> wrote in message
    > can someone tell me how skype works? because they claim that the skype
    > works in the decentralized way. peer to peer . does that mean it
    > doesn't need a centre dedecated sever to authenticate accounts. if
    > not ? then who is in charger of the authentication.? and where is the
    > password and account information stored?

    At lot of users in
    #w0kie
    irc.dishnuts.net
    use it. They can tell you everything you need to know.
    donnie.
    Donnie, Feb 3, 2006