    Very many thanks,
    Jack
    , Oct 20, 2005

  2. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Hello,
    >
    > a friend of mine wants to buy a laptop. I gather that a
    > Pentium II 266Mhz 160MB RAM might be enough for all the
    > things she wants to do. All but one.
    > She wants to use Skype.

    Ah well some people are easily pleased ;-)

    I've run Skype on a P200 with 256k RAM under Win98SE if that's any help.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 20, 2005

  3. Jim Hatfield Guest

    On 20 Oct 2005 06:49:34 -0700, wrote:

    >a friend of mine wants to buy a laptop. I gather that a Pentium II
    >266Mhz 160MB RAM might be enough for all the things she wants to do.
    >All but one.
    >She wants to use Skype.

    I am using a P3/800 and I can always tell when a Skype event is
    about to happen as my typing stops being echoed....not enough
    CPU left to refresh the display.
    --
    Jim Hatfield
    Jim Hatfield, Oct 20, 2005
  4. Jim Hatfield wrote:

    > I am using a P3/800 and I can always tell when a Skype event is
    > about to happen as my typing stops being echoed....not enough
    > CPU left to refresh the display.

    That's strange. I do use P3/800 512M RAM machine with Skype and multiple
    applications open, and there is nothing that indicates lack of CPU power.
    Granted, when you got a call thru Skype or otherwise, you tend to
    concentrate on the conversation and not do anything CPU-power demanding at
    that time, but the lack of CPU power is not showing in any obvious way.

    Delivered via http://www.telecom-gear.com
    http://www.telecom-gear.com
    telecom-gear.com, Oct 20, 2005