    to get what I want, I am happy with the rest of the service, and
    living in Spain, but phoning the UK will save me a lot of money (I
    hope).

    Mark, Aug 4, 2006

  2. Mark

    andy Guest

    Mark wrote:
    > I hope I did not make the wrong assumption when I decided to SKYPE my
    > house/office up. When I read in the sales blumf, "call forwarding" I
    > was hoping that people ringing me on my landline number, would be
    > transfered to my mobile phone number, relatively seamless. I have
    > enabled call forwarding and set the mobile number, but when somebody
    > rings me, it does not get transfered. Then I read that it transfers
    > Internet calls, does that mean internet call only?. Is there any way
    > to get what I want, I am happy with the rest of the service, and
    > living in Spain, but phoning the UK will save me a lot of money (I
    > hope).

    I don't undertand the VoSKY bit. Is that a business option? I just have
    the ordinary product .......

    Both seem to work for me, with occasional poor quality though. I find
    that the SkypeIn to SkypeOut call forwarding works, but there is 15 to
    25 seconds that a pstn caller hears a ringing tone before the phone
    actually rings, so they might get bored and hang up unless briefed.
    When an incoming Skype call is received while diverted, the phone rings
    in about 3 seconds.

    andy, Aug 4, 2006

  3. Mark

    JW Guest

    Mark wrote:
    > I hope I did not make the wrong assumption when I decided to SKYPE my
    > house/office up. When I read in the sales blumf, "call forwarding" I
    > was hoping that people ringing me on my landline number, would be
    > transfered to my mobile phone number, relatively seamless. I have
    > enabled call forwarding and set the mobile number, but when somebody
    > rings me, it does not get transfered. Then I read that it transfers
    > Internet calls, does that mean internet call only?. Is there any way
    > to get what I want, I am happy with the rest of the service, and
    > living in Spain, but phoning the UK will save me a lot of money (I
    > hope).

    Do you have credit to cover the forwarded leg of the call?

    JW, Aug 4, 2006
  4. Mark

    Mark Guest

    On 4 Aug 2006 04:39:38 -0700, "andy" <>
    wrote:

    >Mark wrote:
    >> I hope I did not make the wrong assumption when I decided to SKYPE my
    >> house/office up. When I read in the sales blumf, "call forwarding" I
    >> was hoping that people ringing me on my landline number, would be
    >> transfered to my mobile phone number, relatively seamless. I have
    >> enabled call forwarding and set the mobile number, but when somebody
    >> rings me, it does not get transfered. Then I read that it transfers
    >> Internet calls, does that mean internet call only?. Is there any way
    >> to get what I want, I am happy with the rest of the service, and
    >> living in Spain, but phoning the UK will save me a lot of money (I
    >> hope).

    >I don't undertand the VoSKY bit. Is that a business option? I just have
    >the ordinary product .......

    Its on the SKYPE website under "Call Centre" in the small business
    shop.

    Mark, Aug 4, 2006
  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:50:34 +0100, JW <> wrote:

    >Mark wrote:
    >> I hope I did not make the wrong assumption when I decided to SKYPE my
    >> house/office up. When I read in the sales blumf, "call forwarding" I
    >> was hoping that people ringing me on my landline number, would be
    >> transfered to my mobile phone number, relatively seamless. I have
    >> enabled call forwarding and set the mobile number, but when somebody
    >> rings me, it does not get transfered. Then I read that it transfers
    >> Internet calls, does that mean internet call only?. Is there any way
    >> to get what I want, I am happy with the rest of the service, and
    >> living in Spain, but phoning the UK will save me a lot of money (I
    >> hope).

    >Do you have credit to cover the forwarded leg of the call?

    Yep, loads of Credit

    Mark, Aug 4, 2006