    Has anyone used Spontania successfully and what experiences have
    people had of vSkype?

    KM

    km, Sep 18, 2005

  2. km

    Mark Adamson Guest

    > Reading further I note that Spontania4IM plug-in should allow video
    > contact but during my own attempt the "connecting" message never
    > progressed to making a connection.
    >
    > A Google search suggests this may be a continuing problem. I see that
    > vSkype.com is also offering a plug-in for Video.
    >
    > Has anyone used Spontania successfully and what experiences have
    > people had of vSkype?

    I think I had issues with spontania too. I got vSkype to work though. Give
    it a go. I am sure skype will release an official update with video soon
    enough. Otherwise, use yahoo or msn or AIM, all of which might work
    depending on your luck!

    Mark Adamson, Sep 18, 2005

  3. km

    Stephane M Guest

    "km" <> wrote in message
    >I recently started reading about VOIP and received help in this
    > Newsgroup. As a result I gave Skype a try and found it to be very
    > good.
    >
    > Reading further I note that Spontania4IM plug-in should allow video
    > contact but during my own attempt the "connecting" message never
    > progressed to making a connection.
    >
    > A Google search suggests this may be a continuing problem. I see that
    > vSkype.com is also offering a plug-in for Video.
    >
    > Has anyone used Spontania successfully and what experiences have
    > people had of vSkype?
    >
    > KM

    I am also using Vskype . Seems to be OK in term of connecting.
    Unfortunately, I think that the "audio" is not so great. (May be my speakers
    or my systems..)
    The trick I use; leave your webcam opened, close the microphone and call him
    with your Voip phone ... seems to me better ! :)

    Stephane M, Sep 18, 2005
  4. km

    km Guest

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:29:58 +0100, "Mark Adamson"
    <> wrote:

    >> Reading further I note that Spontania4IM plug-in should allow video
    >> contact but during my own attempt the "connecting" message never
    >> progressed to making a connection.
    >>
    >> A Google search suggests this may be a continuing problem. I see that
    >> vSkype.com is also offering a plug-in for Video.
    >>
    >> Has anyone used Spontania successfully and what experiences have
    >> people had of vSkype?
    >>

    >I think I had issues with spontania too. I got vSkype to work though. Give
    >it a go. I am sure skype will release an official update with video soon
    >enough. Otherwise, use yahoo or msn or AIM, all of which might work
    >depending on your luck!

    Thanks. The VOIP activity is what I am interested in. A computer club
    presentation about VOIP has been prepared and I was moving on to video
    to show the direction it may take.

    Have not yet taken the vSkype option. Initially wanted to be sure
    which worked. Presumably from your experience, there was no conlict
    after loading Spontania and then vSkype?

    KM

    km, Sep 19, 2005
  5. km

    lostinthe530 Guest

    vSkype is now Festoon and the www.vskype website is down due to
    copyright issues. vSkype has been renamed Festoon and has commercial
    advertising :-(

    I have never been able to get Spontania4IM to work with my older
    webcam, so I will remain with Festoon for now. It can be downloaded at
    www.festooninc.com.

    Now that Google hav purchased Skype, I hope they will add build-in
    video chat into their next release.

    lostinthe530, Sep 25, 2005
  6. km

    Me Guest

    On 24 Sep 2005 21:41:31 -0700, "lostinthe530" <>
    wrote:

    >Now that Google hav purchased Skype,

    Last time I looked it was Ebay, not Google that ha purchased Skype

    Me

    Me, Sep 25, 2005
  7. km

    Robert Cole Guest

    There is a new version of skype(2.0 Beta) with built in video iv downloaded
    it but i havnt used it yet.

    Robert Cole, Dec 4, 2005
  8. km

    Me Guest