Skype to DPH 50U to multiple phone problem.

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by boyntonstu@gmail.com, Jan 1, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Instead of wiring the DPH 50U to a single phone, it is wired into a
    disconnected line 2 house wiring.

    I have about 8 phones plugged in throughout the house.

    Some are wireless.

    I can pick up any of these phones and call out on Skype.

    The problem is that the incoming Skype calls ring all of these [hones
    and that causes an overload on the USB port.

    I have switched off the ringers on all the phones with ringer
    switches.

    I can't switch off the ringers on the electronic phones.

    There are several possibilities:

    1> Is it possible to boost the ringer capability of the already
    powered USB port?

    2> Is it possible to turn off the electronic ringers?

    3> Perhaps I should consider a switch to connect/disconnect some of
    the telephones from the line.

    Is there a good solution?

    , Jan 1, 2009