Skype ... they don't accept to be payied !!

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Alex Drastico, Oct 8, 2004.

  1. Anybody else has my problem with skype ? It is not a technical issue
    but a business one.
    I was buying 3X10€ Skypeout credits and everything was OK. My Credit
    card payed them, they received the money and I was using my credits
    making phone calls. Perfect !
    When I was trying to pay the fourth credit (another 10€ credit) my
    order was refused. I was checking first with my credit cards and they
    told me that everything was ok and not locked.
    After 3 days of hell (I will not bore you telling you all the chats
    that I had with them) chatting with the Skype help desk I received the
    following comments from them: "Why do you need all of this credits ?"
    "We are doing that because we are helping you for security reasons ..
    someone can order the credits on your place".
    I was stoned ! Are they a business company ? Why they are asking me if
    I need all of this credits (it is not their business at all) ?
    The idea is good and the service is good ... but they announced
    something that thay cannot offer ... this is my personal opinion.
    THEY ARE REFUSING TO GIVE THE SERVICE THAT THEY ANNOUNCED!!
    Something is very stinky there ! .. Moreover they are refusing to give
    me more explanations.
    For skype guys looking my append on this formum ... I am the user
    Alexdra.

    Alex Drastico, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Alex Drastico

    GwG Guest

    "Alex Drastico" <> wrote in message
    > Anybody else has my problem with skype ? It is not a technical issue
    > but a business one.
    > I was buying 3X10? Skypeout credits and everything was OK. My Credit
    > card payed them, they received the money and I was using my credits
    > making phone calls. Perfect !
    > When I was trying to pay the fourth credit (another 10? credit) my
    > order was refused. I was checking first with my credit cards and they
    > told me that everything was ok and not locked.
    > After 3 days of hell (I will not bore you telling you all the chats
    > that I had with them) chatting with the Skype help desk I received the
    > following comments from them: "Why do you need all of this credits ?"
    > "We are doing that because we are helping you for security reasons ..
    > someone can order the credits on your place".
    > I was stoned ! Are they a business company ? Why they are asking me if
    > I need all of this credits (it is not their business at all) ?
    > The idea is good and the service is good ... but they announced
    > something that thay cannot offer ... this is my personal opinion.
    > THEY ARE REFUSING TO GIVE THE SERVICE THAT THEY ANNOUNCED!!
    > Something is very stinky there ! .. Moreover they are refusing to give
    > me more explanations.
    > For skype guys looking my append on this formum ... I am the user
    > Alexdra.

    Sounds to me like their computer checks for unusal usage patterns, and blocks
    the credit card if these are detected. This is probably to stop someone making
    multiple orders with a stolen credit card, before the card is reported stolen,
    which is generally a good thing, but not in your case. This being a security
    issue, would be why they refuse a full explanation.

    GwG, Oct 8, 2004

  3. "GwG" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Alex Drastico" <> wrote in message
    > > Anybody else has my problem with skype ? It is not a technical issue
    > > but a business one.
    > > I was buying 3X10? Skypeout credits and everything was OK. My Credit
    > > card payed them, they received the money and I was using my credits
    > > making phone calls. Perfect !
    > > When I was trying to pay the fourth credit (another 10? credit) my
    > > order was refused. I was checking first with my credit cards and they
    > > told me that everything was ok and not locked.
    > > After 3 days of hell (I will not bore you telling you all the chats
    > > that I had with them) chatting with the Skype help desk I received the
    > > following comments from them: "Why do you need all of this credits ?"
    > > "We are doing that because we are helping you for security reasons ..
    > > someone can order the credits on your place".
    > > I was stoned ! Are they a business company ? Why they are asking me if
    > > I need all of this credits (it is not their business at all) ?
    > > The idea is good and the service is good ... but they announced
    > > something that thay cannot offer ... this is my personal opinion.
    > > THEY ARE REFUSING TO GIVE THE SERVICE THAT THEY ANNOUNCED!!
    > > Something is very stinky there ! .. Moreover they are refusing to give
    > > me more explanations.
    > > For skype guys looking my append on this formum ... I am the user
    > > Alexdra.

    > Sounds to me like their computer checks for unusal usage patterns, and blocks
    > the credit card if these are detected. This is probably to stop someone making
    > multiple orders with a stolen credit card, before the card is reported stolen,
    > which is generally a good thing, but not in your case. This being a security
    > issue, would be why they refuse a full explanation.

    I forgot to tell that I have this problem with both of Credit card I
    have Visa and Diners !!

    Alex Drastico, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Alex Drastico

    > "GwG" <> wrote in message
    >> "Alex Drastico" <> wrote in message
    >> > Anybody else has my problem with skype ? It is not a technical issue
    >> > but a business one.
    >> > I was buying 3X10? Skypeout credits and everything was OK. My Credit
    >> > card payed them, they received the money and I was using my credits
    >> > making phone calls. Perfect !
    >> > When I was trying to pay the fourth credit (another 10? credit) my
    >> > order was refused. I was checking first with my credit cards and they
    >> > told me that everything was ok and not locked.
    >> > After 3 days of hell (I will not bore you telling you all the chats
    >> > that I had with them) chatting with the Skype help desk I received the
    >> > following comments from them: "Why do you need all of this credits ?"
    >> > "We are doing that because we are helping you for security reasons ..
    >> > someone can order the credits on your place".
    >> > I was stoned ! Are they a business company ? Why they are asking me if
    >> > I need all of this credits (it is not their business at all) ?
    >> > The idea is good and the service is good ... but they announced
    >> > something that thay cannot offer ... this is my personal opinion.
    >> > THEY ARE REFUSING TO GIVE THE SERVICE THAT THEY ANNOUNCED!!
    >> > Something is very stinky there ! .. Moreover they are refusing to give
    >> > me more explanations.
    >> > For skype guys looking my append on this formum ... I am the user
    >> > Alexdra.

    >> Sounds to me like their computer checks for unusal usage patterns, and blocks
    >> the credit card if these are detected. This is probably to stop someone
    >> making
    >> multiple orders with a stolen credit card, before the card is reported
    >> stolen,
    >> which is generally a good thing, but not in your case. This being a security
    >> issue, would be why they refuse a full explanation.

    > I forgot to tell that I have this problem with both of Credit card I
    > have Visa and Diners !!

    It sounds like they are blocking the account from registering more credits then,
    just in case.

    GwG, Oct 8, 2004
  5. Alex Drastico

    BlueRinse Guest

    On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:08:04 -0700, Alex Drastico wrote:

    > Anybody else has my problem with skype ? It is not a technical issue but a
    > business one.

    I have had several problems over the years with a VISA account. Some sites
    accept it, some have trouble even with $10 purchases.

    It all depends on how they are validating the charge. SOme sites don't
    validate at all (they have a guarantee from the bank.) Others use a
    validation transaction gateway that looks up your address and things like
    that and determines whether you should be trusted.

    You need to contact billing and tell them about this or contact your bank
    or other cc issuer.

    BlueRinse, Oct 9, 2004