    messages on the Linux machine

    Thanks

    Clive

    Clive, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Clive

    Guest

    Clive wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Skype installed on both a WinXP and a Linux machine. Signon
    > to Skype works from the WinXP machine and fails from the Linux machine.
    > I am trying the same userid and password on both machines.The machines
    > are both connected via the same router > ADSL > ISP > INternet.
    >
    > I get the "Connecting ..." then "Invalid skype name or password"
    > messages on the Linux machine

    Hmmmm - what flavour of Linux are you using? Skype works pretty well on
    my debian box, although the sign-on seems to sometimes forget my
    password, whereon I re-enter it and it signs on then.

    If your installation is a little borked, you may want to try moving any
    ..skype configuration directory (I suggest to .skype.old) and running
    skype again to see what happens. If all else fails, you could try
    contacting skype, or looking for a skype+linux specific forum.

    Adam

    , Feb 14, 2006

  3. Clive

    Clive Guest

    Fedora 4 2.6.12 something

    Upgraded to latest Skype package for RH3.

    I got a new password from Skype.

    Now logon seems reliable - don't know if either were relevant or
    related to the problem - but I am happy.

    Performance & voice quality fine with 2GHZ processor and 256M RAM and
    2MB ADSL.

    Clive

    Clive, Feb 19, 2006