    Can I use Skype to make calls/receive calls on one of the accounts of my
    Grandstream GXP200, or is it only working with SIP accounts ?

    Thank you for your help.

    Guest, Apr 9, 2007

  2. Guest

    RH Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:26tSh.633$...
    > Can I use Skype to make calls/receive calls on one of the accounts of my
    > Grandstream GXP200, or is it only working with SIP accounts ?

    Sorry it a No No, the GXP only has firmware for SIP, even phones which can
    accept multiple firmware types
    do not support SKYPE as SKYPE is a closed protocol. I am sure in time Skype
    will license out the function to
    hardphones, but not yet (except for the wifi phones)

    RH, Apr 9, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry it a No No, the GXP only has firmware for SIP, even phones which can
    > accept multiple firmware types
    > do not support SKYPE as SKYPE is a closed protocol. I am sure in time
    > Skype will license out the function to
    > hardphones, but not yet (except for the wifi phones)

    Thank you for your reply.

    Guest, Apr 9, 2007