    i.e. a Skype analog...
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Jul 12, 2011

  2. Per :
    >look up SIP on the android market
    >
    >Acrobits and Sipdroid come to mind

    Thanks.

    For iPod, looks like Bria and GroundWire are the two major
    players - with a "Push Timeout" issue for GroundWire where if the
    app is not used for 48 hours incoming calls do not come through
    until it is restarted.
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Jul 12, 2011

  3. wrote:
    > look up SIP on the android market
    >
    > Acrobits and Sipdroid come to mind

    Also CSipSimple.

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Jul 12, 2011
  4. Per (PeteCresswell):
    >For iPod, looks like Bria and GroundWire are the two major
    >players

    I wound up getting Bria.

    My service is CallCentric. Although Bria is highly regarded in
    the reviews, my take is that their setup/troubleshooting
    instructions *really* need work.

    I finally got it running with the assistance of CallCentric's
    excellent support.

    FWIW, here is a link to pix of the setup screens that work for
    me: http://tinyurl.com/622cv8c
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Jul 13, 2011