Skype keeps appearing as offline to Dualphone

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Chris Smithers, Apr 22, 2006.

  1. This is driving me mad and I hope someone can help before I give up and go
    back to a normal phone line.

    Every few hours or more, my Dualphone screen reports 'No VOIP Clients
    Running' and its software says Skype is closed. Yet Skype is on and working
    perfectly.

    I have tried a full destructive uninstall and reinstall of both products
    more than once. I have also replaced the handset.
    I have Skype 2.0.0.97 & Dualphone Suite 2.08 (latest versions)

    If a call comes in, Skype rings on my screen, but the Dualphone ignores it.
    The only solution is to close Skype, then reopen Skype. Not much use if I
    want to answer a call

    I have had this problem ever since I purchased the Dualphone v1.x 6 months
    ago, and from earlier Skype 1.x versions.

    I repeat, I have done a complete destructive uninstall of both programs more
    than once, but it just doesn't help.

    Nothing particular seems to cause this to occur, and the timing is random
    and intermittent. I have seen other users with the issue but no solution.

    Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated as I am about to abandon both
    Skype and Dualphone. I laugh every time I see their slogan 'Internet
    telephony that just works' :cry:
    _________________
    Thanks,

    Chris
    Chris Smithers, Apr 22, 2006

  2. Chris Smithers

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Chris Smithers" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated as I am about
    > to abandon both Skype and Dualphone. I laugh every time I
    > see their slogan 'Internet telephony that just works' :cry:
    > _________________
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Chris

    Skype is ok for what it is, a peer to peer computer program. If you want
    serious internet telephony, use a hardware ATA with one of the many SIP
    providers out there. Plenty of people here will help you and/or recommend
    equipment/suppliers. My personal choice is Sipgate with either Sipura or
    AVM hardware, but others will no doubt have something to say about that..!
    Don't listen to personal slurs, but make up your own mind.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Apr 22, 2006

  3. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > Skype is ok for what it is, a peer to peer computer program. If you want
    > serious internet telephony, use a hardware ATA with one of the many SIP
    > providers out there. Plenty of people here will help you and/or recommend
    > equipment/suppliers. My personal choice is Sipgate with either Sipura or
    > AVM hardware, but others will no doubt have something to say about that..!
    > Don't listen to personal slurs, but make up your own mind.

    Cheers Ivor. I need something hardware based, I agree. It also needs to
    give a 'real' phone number for incoming calls, *and* allow porting of my
    existing London number to its network.

    What do other people like/recommend?
    --
    Thanks,
    Me

    I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!
    Chris Smithers, Apr 23, 2006
  4. Chris Smithers

    Guest

    On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 23:02:25 GMT, "Chris Smithers" <>
    wrote:

    >Cheers Ivor. I need something hardware based, I agree. It also needs to
    >give a 'real' phone number for incoming calls, *and* allow porting of my
    >existing London number to its network.
    >
    >What do other people like/recommend?

    Anything other than SIPGATE take no notice of Ivor he would say they
    are great if they did not provide service at all ,they are total
    rubbish for my money you can't beat Voipfone
    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/
    , Apr 23, 2006