    Skype is NOT a good idea.

    They treat customers poorly and quite frankly the call quality is
    horrible 1/2 of the time.
    igotskillz, Oct 29, 2007

  2. igotskillz

    TheFug Guest

    igotskillz schreef:
    > Skype is one of the worst services i have found, anywhere
    > I had extremely poor call quality one day so i wrote them a letter
    > asking for a refund.
    >
    > They blocked my account without giving me a reason then sent me an
    > email suggesting i download the new version.
    >
    > I did that, account is still blocked.
    >
    > After about 5 kind emails to them asking why my account was blocked i
    > told them their service sucked etc..
    >
    > Skype is NOT a good idea.
    >
    > They treat customers poorly and quite frankly the call quality is
    > horrible 1/2 of the time.

    I first too used Skype to start with, didn't think it was bad, but did
    not use it much, when i once discovered the sip versions.... they doo
    work with ATA/SIP hardware, while Skype only use Skype soft or hardware,
    via the Syslink 3102 i now have my phone(s) onto ITSP's, never have used
    landline after that :) i even think of getting my own PBX, just for the
    fun to play with :)

    --
    The Fug.
    TheFug, Oct 29, 2007

  3. igotskillz

    alexd Guest

    igotskillz wrote:

    > Skype is one of the worst services i have found, anywhere
    > I had extremely poor call quality one day so i wrote them a letter
    > asking for a refund.
    >
    > They blocked my account without giving me a reason then sent me an
    > email suggesting i download the new version.
    >
    > I did that, account is still blocked.
    >
    > After about 5 kind emails to them asking why my account was blocked i
    > told them their service sucked etc..
    >
    > Skype is NOT a good idea.

    What do you expect? They are part of eBay.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    22:41:34 up 50 min, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.22, 0.26
    alexd, Oct 30, 2007
  4. igotskillz

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:42:19 +0000, alexd <>
    wrote:

    >igotskillz wrote:
    >
    >> Skype is one of the worst services i have found, anywhere
    >> I had extremely poor call quality one day so i wrote them a letter
    >> asking for a refund.
    >>
    >> They blocked my account without giving me a reason then sent me an
    >> email suggesting i download the new version.
    >>
    >> I did that, account is still blocked.
    >>
    >> After about 5 kind emails to them asking why my account was blocked i
    >> told them their service sucked etc..
    >>
    >> Skype is NOT a good idea.

    >What do you expect? They are part of eBay.

    ....and, being a proprietary system there is no competition. If you buy
    hardware/install software it works with Skype - where can you go!?
    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Oct 31, 2007