    Anyone else got these problems too?

    Regards

    Martin
    Ravenna, Oct 29, 2004

  2. Ravenna

    Pepperoni Guest

    "Ravenna" <ravennaATxs4allDOTnl> wrote in message
    > Looks like Skype has become so successful they don't actually
    > want to earn any money anymore. There are now dozens of stories
    > in their forums about people who cannot actually pay them.
    > Suddenly respectable people's credit cards have all become
    > suspect overnight and are rejected for security reasons. Among
    > them, for instance the whole population of Spain!
    > Having had my payment cancelled twice and then rejected twice, I
    > cannot now even try to pay. Looks like some security guy has
    > gone nuts.
    >
    > Anyone else got these problems too?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Martin

    Yes, we heard a report 10/8/04 in the thread "Skype ... they don't accept to
    be payied !!" by Alex Drastico

    Your best bet will probably be found in their forums. Someone has likely
    found a way to pay by now. When it comes to money---- those problems
    generally get solved first. Three weeks seems a long time for that problem
    to still be around.

    Pepperoni
    Pepperoni, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Ravenna

    Dmitri Guest

    Ravenna wrote:

    > Looks like Skype has become so successful they don't actually
    > want to earn any money anymore. There are now dozens of stories
    > in their forums about people who cannot actually pay them.
    > Suddenly respectable people's credit cards have all become
    > suspect overnight and are rejected for security reasons. Among
    > them, for instance the whole population of Spain!
    > Having had my payment cancelled twice and then rejected twice, I
    > cannot now even try to pay. Looks like some security guy has
    > gone nuts.

    > Anyone else got these problems too?

    > Regards

    > Martin

    Non-US merchants like Skype always tend to have problems charging US-based
    card like Visa, Amex, MC etc. Actually, reverse that - US based CC
    companies tend to have problems trusting non-US merchants. So, just
    consider it a temporary problem, they'll definitely get it fixed. I would
    ;-)

    --
    Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
    http://www.cabling-design.com

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
    Dmitri, Oct 29, 2004
  4. (Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com))
    wrote in news:ZGygd.2062936$:

    > Non-US merchants like Skype always tend to have problems charging
    > US-based card like Visa, Amex, MC etc. Actually, reverse that - US
    > based CC companies tend to have problems trusting non-US merchants.
    > So, just consider it a temporary problem, they'll definitely get it
    > fixed. I would ;-)

    This is simply bullshit.

    Tor
    Tor-Einar Jarnbjo, Oct 29, 2004
  5. Ravenna

    Kyler Laird Guest

    "Tor-Einar Jarnbjo" <> writes:

    >> Non-US merchants like Skype always tend to have problems charging

    [...]

    >This is simply bullshit.

    Speaking of which...why would anyone *pay* Skype anyway? Is it all
    for the (proprietary) software they provide?

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Oct 30, 2004
  6. Ravenna

    Dmitri Guest

    Kyler Laird wrote:

    > Speaking of which...why would anyone *pay* Skype anyway? Is it all
    > for the (proprietary) software they provide?

    > --kyler

    No, it's for ability to land your call in PSTN. Everybody charges for
    that, so it looks easily justifiable to me.

    Dmitri, Oct 30, 2004
  7. Ravenna

    Kyler Laird Guest

    (Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com)) writes:

    >> Speaking of which...why would anyone *pay* Skype anyway? Is it all
    >> for the (proprietary) software they provide?

    >No, it's for ability to land your call in PSTN.

    Lots of providers do that. I still want to know why anyone would
    pay to be locked in to using Skype's system.

    >Everybody charges for
    >that,

    Except the ones who don't, of course.
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VOIP Service Providers

    I don't mind the charge for service, of course. It just amazes me
    that people would pay for *that* service.

    >so it looks easily justifiable to me.

    So it makes sense to people who don't do their research? Is that all
    it is? Effective marketing to naive consumers? Hmmm...it might be
    time to buy some stock in this "next Microsoft."

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Oct 30, 2004