    pay for silly features I don't need.

    TIA

    , Nov 10, 2005

  2. AndrijG Guest

    AndrijG, Nov 13, 2005

  3. naftali Guest

    I guess it also depends on how much you will use Skype. If its a few
    minutes,several times a week, a cheap headset with Mic will do the
    trick. If you will use it daily, then its worth getting something
    better. Also, it depends on how you intend to use it. If you are
    sitting at your computer, then a wired headset makes sense. If you want
    to be able to talk at length and not necessarily sit at the PC, then a
    wireless solution works better.

    George

    www.portaone.com
    PortaOne enables Internet telephony service providers (ITSPs) and voice
    network operators to quickly and efficiently implement, manage and
    deliver a wide range of solutions for their services

    naftali, Nov 13, 2005
  4. Ivor Jones Guest

    "naftali" <> wrote in message
    > I guess it also depends on how much you will use Skype.
    > If its a few minutes,several times a week, a cheap
    > headset with Mic will do the trick. If you will use it
    > daily, then its worth getting something better. Also, it
    > depends on how you intend to use it. If you are sitting
    > at your computer, then a wired headset makes sense. If
    > you want to be able to talk at length and not necessarily
    > sit at the PC, then a wireless solution works better.

    And a SIP based system not reliant on any PC at all works even better.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 13, 2005
  5. Having gone through several headsets that I was not satisfied with (all
    Logitech), I stumbled upon the Plantronics DSP-500 headset. This is a USB
    headset with truely incredible audiophile quality fidelity and a noise
    canceling microphone that is very sensitive. Best of all, it is available
    (on this side of the pond) for about $40.

    If you plan on using skype to any extent, a quality headset is worth the
    investment!

    <> wrote in message
    This may well be a silly question - I'm trying to get into the whole
    Skype thing and need to buy a headset.

    There seems to be a vast range of prices £3 for something that looks
    like a typical mic/headphone set. £40 for something that looks like a
    phone.

    Is there actually any difference? Obviously want to save money and not

    Charles Thistlethwaite, Nov 14, 2005
  6. pzboyz Guest

    Charles Thistlethwaite wrote:
    > Having gone through several headsets that I was not satisfied with (all
    > Logitech), I stumbled upon the Plantronics DSP-500 headset.

    The Plantronics headsets are the Skype approved ones, and available from
    both Plantronics a Skype websites.

    pzboyz

    pzboyz, Nov 17, 2005