    Using speakers and a mike wouldn't be an acceptable alternative as one of
    the parties is hard of hearing, and the advantage of headsets is that they
    exclude extraneous noise.
    Appelation Controlee, May 29, 2007

  2. Appelation Controlee

    Jon Farmer Guest

    Appelation Controlee wrote:
    > Some friends want to both be able to simultaneously participate in calls to
    > their son in Canada, and want to know if it's possible to plug 2 USB
    > headsets into their computer. I think not - presumably Skype will only
    > support a single device (?) - but, not being a user, and having no access
    > to a second headset, can't verify this.
    > Can anyone advise? Seems to me that this would only (possibly) be viable
    > using the audio jack connectors (and jack-connected headsets) with a
    > splitter.
    > Using speakers and a mike wouldn't be an acceptable alternative as one of
    > the parties is hard of hearing, and the advantage of headsets is that they
    > exclude extraneous noise.

    You are correct. However ther are quite a few Skype devices out there
    these days so there might be something that will do handsfree that will
    allow more than one person to participate.

    Something like this

    http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=139009

    Regards

    Jon
    Jon Farmer, May 29, 2007

  3. On Tue, 29 May 2007 07:17:20 +0100, Jon Farmer wrote:

    > Appelation Controlee wrote:
    >> Some friends want to both be able to simultaneously participate in calls to
    >> their son in Canada, and want to know if it's possible to plug 2 USB
    >> headsets into their computer. I think not - presumably Skype will only
    >> support a single device (?) - but, not being a user, and having no access
    >> to a second headset, can't verify this.
    >> Can anyone advise? Seems to me that this would only (possibly) be viable
    >> using the audio jack connectors (and jack-connected headsets) with a
    >> splitter.
    >> Using speakers and a mike wouldn't be an acceptable alternative as one of
    >> the parties is hard of hearing, and the advantage of headsets is that they
    >> exclude extraneous noise.

    > You are correct. However ther are quite a few Skype devices out there
    > these days so there might be something that will do handsfree that will
    > allow more than one person to participate.
    >
    > Something like this
    >
    > http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=139009

    Thanks for the suggestion, Jon. I'll forward it on. :)
    Appelation Controlee, May 30, 2007