    Can anyone advise if this is fact? Amd is it therefore not compatible with
    any voip products?

    Many thanks

    Sacred, Jul 26, 2006

  2. Thus spaketh Sacred:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have just been told by Carphone Warehouse that their Talk Talk 3
    > (free broadband) offering is not compatible with Skype.
    >
    > Can anyone advise if this is fact? Amd is it therefore not compatible
    > with any voip products?
    >
    > Many thanks

    Don't know about not compatible, but their broadband is so poor, it is
    next to useless, so you may find problems with Skype, just like you find
    problems with everything on TalkTalk. Though as Skype is a P2P program
    and TalkTalk degrade P2P use it, it quite possible that it will become
    useless for that reason also.

    You could however use proper VoIP, and not use Skype Hype.

    (It would be nice to have a separate newsgroup for the toy town service)
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 26, 2006

  3. Sacred

    The Invalid Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:11:44 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >You could however use proper VoIP, and not use Skype Hype.

    For what it is Skype works fine, in most cases with a better sound
    reproduction that most other VOIP services I tried

    >(It would be nice to have a separate newsgroup for the toy town service)

    Ahhh alt.bigots would suit you fine then?
    The Invalid, Jul 26, 2006
  4. Sacred

    Mark Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:52:05 +0100, The Invalid
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:11:44 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    ><bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>You could however use proper VoIP, and not use Skype Hype.

    >For what it is Skype works fine, in most cases with a better sound
    >reproduction that most other VOIP services I tried

    Better is highly subjective IMHO. I find it very tiring to listen to.

    [snip]
    Mark, Jul 26, 2006
  5. Sacred

    Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:11:44 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>, wrote:

    >(It would be nice to have a separate newsgroup for the toy town service)

    At least you don't see endless posts at it isn't working today.
    Unlike with Sipgate users in this ng.
    , Jul 26, 2006
  6. Sacred

    Brian A Guest

    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:11:44 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    ><bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>You could however use proper VoIP, and not use Skype Hype.

    >For what it is Skype works fine, in most cases with a better sound
    >reproduction that most other VOIP services I tried
    >>
    >>(It would be nice to have a separate newsgroup for the toy town service)

    YES YES PLEASE!! A special newsgroup for Skype ! A wonderful idea!
    Then, when anyone posts Skype here, we can redirect them
    appropriately.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jul 26, 2006
  7. Sacred

    Sacred Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:52:05 +0100, The Invalid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:11:44 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    >><bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >>

    >>>You could however use proper VoIP, and not use Skype Hype.

    >>For what it is Skype works fine, in most cases with a better sound
    >>reproduction that most other VOIP services I tried
    >>>
    >>>(It would be nice to have a separate newsgroup for the toy town service)

    > YES YES PLEASE!! A special newsgroup for Skype ! A wonderful idea!
    > Then, when anyone posts Skype here, we can redirect them
    > appropriately.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Okay Guys thanks for the input

    What would be a proper Voip provider?
    Sacred, Jul 26, 2006
  8. Sacred

    The Invalid Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:12:55 +0100, wrote:

    >On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:11:44 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    ><bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>, wrote:
    >
    >>(It would be nice to have a separate newsgroup for the toy town service)

    >At least you don't see endless posts at it isn't working today.
    >Unlike with Sipgate users in this ng.

    Briliant !
    The Invalid, Jul 27, 2006
  9. Sacred

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:11:44 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>, wrote:
    >
    > > (It would be nice to have a separate newsgroup for the
    > > toy town service)

    > At least you don't see endless posts at it isn't working
    > today. Unlike with Sipgate users in this ng.

    Sipgate is working fine today. Where are the endless posts saying it
    isn't..?

    (Look up the meaning of the word 'endless')

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 27, 2006
  10. Sacred

    Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:15:50 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <>, wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:11:44 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    >> <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>, wrote:
    >>
    >> > (It would be nice to have a separate newsgroup for the
    >> > toy town service)

    >> At least you don't see endless posts at it isn't working
    >> today. Unlike with Sipgate users in this ng.

    >Sipgate is working fine today. Where are the endless posts saying it
    >isn't..?
    >
    >(Look up the meaning of the word 'endless')
    >
    >Ivor

    WHoops!! Did you speak too soon again. <LOL>
    Sipgate moans and groans. Walls around the garden.
    Unhappy people.

    Surely the point of it all is that when one has become familiar with
    using a service/system then confidence in both that service and one's
    self grows. People ride out the minor bumps in the road.

    When people are attracted to what they perceive as a new
    technology/gadget, way of life, they are hesitant, and can become
    quickly helpless and disappointed as soon as something does not work
    as on the label or even does not work how they imagined it would.

    This why there is and will be a place in the market for services like
    Gradwell at one end and Skype / Tesco at the other. For people who
    don't even check the oil in their own car, the likes of Skype is
    great. For those who hand wash, empty their own ashtrays, and even
    change an air-filter then the likes of SIPgate, Voip.co.uk, etc.,
    will undoubtedly save a lot of cash and add very much more
    flexibility.

    Wik
    , Aug 1, 2006