    Outlook with Sky?
    Thanks.
    Nick

    NOTTNICK, Mar 20, 2007

  2. NOTTNICK wrote:
    > I meant to add to my post below..
    > Does anyone know if sky broadband has a news server? If so, what is it
    > called?
    > I have had to access this via the web so my email address is public,
    > also, I prefer to access newsgroups like this through Outlook.
    > If not, can anyone suggest a way I can access newsgroups through
    > Outlook with Sky?

    This was discussed not long ago in this group. If memory serves, Sky
    doesn't offer a news server, but you can still use either premium or
    free news servers. A quick look through past messages using
    groups.google.com should bring up that discussion.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 20, 2007

  3. NOTTNICK

    Mike Easter Guest

    NOTTNICK wrote:

    > Does anyone know if sky broadband has a news server?

    'We' (tinw) are not sky clients. You are. You are in the best position
    to determine what sky offers and does not. Many ISPs don't provide news
    these days. Likely you are 'on your own'.

    > If so, what is it
    > called?

    Dunno.

    > I have had to access this via the web so my email address is public,

    Google recommends that you use an address which is not 'private' for
    logging on to GG

    > also, I prefer to access newsgroups like this through Outlook.

    OL Outlook is a MS Office suite MAPI messaging app. It is not a
    newsreader. OE Outlook Express is a mail and newsreading app which is
    integrated with IE and is not a MAPI client. The two OL and OE are
    distinctively different and must not be confused with each other.

    > If not, can anyone suggest a way I can access newsgroups through
    > Outlook with Sky?

    Likely you will have to learn about newsservers, free or open or
    economical non-expiring paid NSP blocks. Then you should configure your
    OE to use that newsserver.

    First you should find out from Sky, not here, if they offer news. Then
    we can work on how you find a newsserver if they don't.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 20, 2007