    run-prompt.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks.

    anthonyberet, Aug 26, 2007

  2. anthonyberet wrote:
    > I have been trying to get my XP SP2 box to skip the password at reboot
    > by using the following advice:
    > http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php
    >
    > However, the "control userpaswords2" program seems quit without doing
    > anything. I just get a egg-time for a second and then nothing at the
    > run-prompt.

    Just a little nit-picking, but you misspelled the command here. I assume
    it's just a typo here and not what you're typing in the command line.
    TweakUI will help you with getting rid of the logon, but the method
    you're trying is smoother I think.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 26, 2007

  3. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > anthonyberet wrote:
    >> I have been trying to get my XP SP2 box to skip the password at reboot
    >> by using the following advice:
    >> http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php
    >>
    >> However, the "control userpaswords2" program seems quit without doing
    >> anything. I just get a egg-time for a second and then nothing at the
    >> run-prompt.

    > Just a little nit-picking, but you misspelled the command here. I assume
    > it's just a typo here and not what you're typing in the command line.
    > TweakUI will help you with getting rid of the logon, but the method
    > you're trying is smoother I think.

    No that was what I was typing. For some reason it wasn't telling me that
    the program didn't exist!
    Anyway it works with 3 S's so thanks.

    anthonyberet, Aug 27, 2007
  4. anthonyberet

    Vanguard Guest

    "anthonyberet" wrote in message
    > I have been trying to get my XP SP2 box to skip the password at
    > reboot by using the following advice:
    > http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php
    >
    > However, the "control userpaswords2" program seems quit without
    > doing anything. I just get a egg-time for a second and then nothing
    > at the run-prompt.

    "password at reboot"

    Sure you're not asking about a BIOS password?

    Vanguard, Aug 27, 2007
  5. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Vanguard wrote:
    > "anthonyberet" wrote in message news:...
    >> I have been trying to get my XP SP2 box to skip the password at reboot
    >> by using the following advice:
    >> http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php
    >>
    >> However, the "control userpaswords2" program seems quit without doing
    >> anything. I just get a egg-time for a second and then nothing at the
    >> run-prompt.

    > "password at reboot"
    >
    > Sure you're not asking about a BIOS password?

    Yes it was the XP logon screen that I meant.
    Thansk for the suggestion - it is sorted now.

    anthonyberet, Aug 27, 2007